Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering, does anyone know where to get those pretty anodized colored metal wheel valve stems? i'm not looking for the sleeves it's the whole valve stem. i've seen some around and they look hot, but i can't seem to find them on any web site.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
I got mine at the local tire dealer. They are stainless steel and screw into the rim sort of. Awsoome to have I think I paid $20 each for them.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do they have a website that i can order from? i would love to get them.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
My tire supplier tossed them in for me when I got my Toyo Proxes. They were part of a complete valve assembly when I replaced my tires. So, you may have to get your tires removed/remounted for the chrome valve stem look

Any major tire retailer should have them. Just ask.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i've gone to this place called steel case tire and mag, they said they don't have the ones i want, because i'm looking for the aluminum anodized red coloured one. i've been to like every performance shop around and the only places that have them already come with the rim's, so they aren't willing to sell it seperately. as for taking the tire off and remounting, i don't have any tires on at this point so that is no problem, i'm still in the market for some new tires too, but i need to find the valve stems before i get the tires.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Sorry man mine a Stainless Steel and require you dismount the tire when installed. No colors. I will try to get a photo tonight.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
actually i've gone to this place called steel case tire and mag, they said they don't have the ones i want, because i'm looking for the aluminum anodized red coloured one. i've been to like every performance shop around and the only places that have them already come with the rim's, so they aren't willing to sell it seperately. as for taking the tire off and remounting, i don't have any tires on at this point so that is no problem, i'm still in the market for some new tires too, but i need to find the valve stems before i get the tires.
Actually, I deal with them a LOT! I haven't really heard of red valve stems, only because it sounds like those one-offs that are custom ordered.

If you can wait until the start of the month, you may want to try them again. My one contact is on vacation, and maybe he's got an idea of where to find some.

But I just looked in an old Keystone catalog I had...the closest I came up with is red-coloured lug nuts. It might be easier to somehow get a pair of chrome stems, sand them down, and paint.

Why are you going for a red stem anyhow? Colour coding with the paint or rims?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the only reason i want red is because it will actually match everything else that i have on my car, i've actually found some blue coloured ones from volk racing for like $40usd for a set of 4. yea, i've actually seen the red lug nuts around at alot of places, but no one seems to carry red valve stems that i can find so far. Gapboy, if you hear anything please let me know, i'll wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts