Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that Zetecs vary by 10 HP or more? Other mfg. (recently Mazda and Ford) have given rebates or other incentives to make up for a shortfallcompared to advertised HP.

My questions are....is there enough discrepancy and below advertised Zetecs to cause a class action lawsuit, or are the lower HP ones few and far between? Are the majority at or ABOVE the advertised HP?
TIA

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
the HP doesn't vary.... its the manufacturing that does.

If it were enough for people to notice, then it would probably have been addressed by Ford. But its not.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
The varience between most Zetecs are about +/- 5hp, which is only about 3-4% varience, withen the tolerances of Ford's manufacturing.

Mazda claimed 247 for the RX-8, and all tested were consistantly testing well less, so it was downrated to 238 (which I still feel it a little high still; I feel it should be more like 227)

·
Registered
417 Posts
i wonder if there is really a variance in the hp output of all these focus's we keep reading about... i mean, most would have agree there is going to be a difference from one dyno to another, with all the things that can come into play and affect the wheel hp. temp, humidity, tire pressure, number of miles, maybe even age and type of oil can vary hp numbers, so maybe its not the focus that is inconsistent, but the dynos and circumstances that are really inconsistent... just my opinion on it anyway.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Same Dyno, Same Day, different Stock Focuses have been Documented with fairly different HP.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nothing new, remember the '99 Cobra?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Mazda did give a rebate for the MX-5 Miata when they goofed on the hp. They did this becasue the Miata is a sports car, and it was a rather big goof if I remember right. The Foucs is by no means a sports car. Many mundane people buy them and drive them around in their little mundane lives. There just a few of us wackos who go crazy and let the car live up to its potential.

BTW: WHY DOES EVERYBODY THINK THEY HAVE TO SUE SOMEBODY THESE DAYS?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts