Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, my Civic was stolen early this week. Most likely, I'm going to sell it when I get it back. They basically took all my mods (except my header). There wasn't any body damage (my front lip was ripped off) but other than that, the body/interior is okay.

Anyway, my question: Will this theft and recovery show up on my vehcile's title? Or, do they only list is if it's totaled (e.g. a salvage title)? If it is listed as a theft vehicle, does that make the value plummit?

·
Registered
355 Posts
i know in NY they do, and yeah it can, if i had it in NY i would trade it in. dunno bout ur state

·
Registered
209 Posts
Actually I had my car stolen and recovered in NYC, an integra, it was stripped so when I picked it up i drove with my vice grip steering wheel, my milk crate racing seats, my complete headers to pre cat exaust (headers only) racing air fliter (just the filter), skinnies (donuts) in the rear, and drag tires (a set of bald tires on VW rims). Well without going into all the other stuff that was stolen off it Let me just say this. I got it back with an almost clean title, the title did say theft recovery on it, but when I sold what was left after putting all the stock stuff back on or selling it. All you gotta say is that the conditipn you are selling it is the condition it has always been.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts