Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Ford Focus Centennial and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are vent visors that install under the seal as opposed to over the seal on the paint. I was at the dealership on Monday and had the visors installed from Ford that mount over the seals, it looked so bad I had them take em off. It really did look bad, so I'm now trying to find the ones that mount under the seals. The dealership wasn't sure and I figure if the people here don't know, then they really don't exist. Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops, sorry if I didn't elabotate enough. "Vent Visors" are the black smoke colored plastic things that install usually with tape just above your windows, so you can have your window cracked a bit while it's raining out. Plus, they look nice. I'm looking for the ones that mount under the seams of your window so they have that "Made to be there look," and not over the seals where it's apparent they were just thrown on there. Besides, when installed under the seams, ALL the windows look the same. When installed over the seams on the door itself, they aren't all lined up and it doesn't look uniform, therefore looking like [censored]. I'm having a hard time finding the ones that mount under the seams and figured someone in here hopefully has them.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Try 'WeatherTech' ...They make the inside the seal vents...I cant guarantee they have them for the Focus, but they say they have over 600 applications...And all of them mount the way you want...
Theirs are low-profile, and not quite as dark as other ones, though...Im not sure if that matters...
Good luck...

·
Banned
3,562 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NacronSE, Thanks bro, I have been looking hard for these. I'll be ordering these. I'm wondering though, there were no significant body style changes from the 2001 to the 2003 were there? The latest model they have is for the 2001.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Nope, you should be fine.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
something i need... SVTADAM and Ed_Cloud9 have them, fit perfect... no glue on your paint.. hell, they dont even touch the paint, and they dont stick out like the stick on ones.

why dont i have these?!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have them and love them!
Just got them last week.
Thanks New Edge!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Thank you!

I have used the Weathertechs for about a year now and I love them. Leave the windows open a bit to let the heat out!

I believe that they look nicer than the Ventvisors and you do not have to worry about the double sided tape giving up. The Weather techs fit in the groove next to the weatherstripping.

Tony D

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I got a set for my SVT for christmas and honestly I probably don't use them as much as some.. but it actually is an awesome appearance mod if nothing else. Takes about 2 minutes to install per window and haven't had a single problem with them in a carwash or anything else. And I get compliments occasionally on them.. defintely get them

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got the WeatherTech Vent Visors for my Focus. I love them, they look sweet! When I get my windows tinted I'll post a pic.

Thanks for those that pointed that out for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts