Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to go forced induction here in the next month or 2 and i have some questions.

I figured it would be better to post here than in the forced induction section.

The VF kit comes with engine management and injectors, if I already have these, is the price still the same?
My SCT chip will be re-burned locally on a dyno after installation (sorry, Cali is quite a drive).

What are the major differences between the base vortech kit and the VF kit? (besides injectors and SCT tuning)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
You might be able to work a few bucks off the price if you have the sct chip already but I seriously doubt that it would be worth it. Especially now that Stage 2 is selling for the Stage 1 price with the Xcal2 included. IMO, the upgrade from the SCT chip to the XCal2 is a much better value than the discount you MIGHT get off. Also, you might be able to sell your chip for about the same or more than the discount you MIGHT receive and end up with a much better product

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Indeed... get the XCal2 and sell your chip in the classifieds. The XCal2 pays for itself in just about 30 minutes of datalogging.

Once you do it... you'll understand your car in ways you never did before. (I'm dreaming now of MAF counts and Short Term Fuel Trims... and lemme tell you... theres are wet dreams... VERY wet....)

(ok that was TMI... but you get the picture)

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I would like to go forced induction here in the next month or 2 and i have some questions.

I figured it would be better to post here than in the forced induction section.

The VF kit comes with engine management and injectors, if I already have these, is the price still the same?
My SCT chip will be re-burned locally on a dyno after installation (sorry, Cali is quite a drive).

What are the major differences between the base vortech kit and the VF kit? (besides injectors and SCT tuning)
We can knock a few bucks off the price. What injectors do you have? That will obviously have an impact on my programming. As noted the Xcal2 is the way to go, though, especially if you want tuning support from FocusSport.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh, I didnt realize the Xcal 2 was included, I thought it was just an SCT chip. I could just sell my SCT chip and more than make up for that....

the injectors I was going to get are the Bosch 42lb/hr ones. what would the difference in price be with just the injectors taken out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts