Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few thoughts on this mount:

I have been involved in the testing of this mount for MANY months now. I have rarely seen a company more dedicated to providing a product that is as perfect as it can be. It was hard to have this on my car for so long. I could not tell anyone about it and it was getting better and better as the mount was being developed and all I wanted to do was share it with everyone!

I fell in love with this mount since day one. It made me feel truly connected with the car and tranferred vibrations perfectly through the pedals, steering wheel, and seats without being "too rough". My shifts and transfer of power to the ground was also greatly improved. I ran this without the lower mount first, VF wanted to see how it would perform and handle in this configuration. I took it on a couple of HARD track events and it came back as strong as ever. I also drive 120 miles per day in all conditions, so this was also going to be a good test. In all conditions, it was flawless.

The lower VF mount was then installed to see how they would perform together and it was AWESOME! (sorry, flashback to the 80's). Vibrations did not increase, but acceleration after shifting was spot-on. No lag from the engine moving front to back.

I had to return the mount for five days so that it may go into production, so in went the stock mount. What the heck happened to my car!!! I was not happy driving the car for those five days. I was looking at the tach more often before shifting gears and those shifts felt much more sedate. The car just felt slower. I finally got the mount back and I started grinning again.

This is the best non HP modification I have done except for the H&R coil-overs. I'll see about posting a pic later, it really is a beautiful mount.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Having won a VF-Eng side mount at FOTB (thanks FocusSport!) I'm anxious to get the dern thing and put it on.

Thanks for the review, I've yet to go wrong with any of your recomendations.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I saw it for the first time this weekend and about messed myself... forget how it holds up.. its just frickin beautiful to look at in there!

/me looks in his wallet, then moves over to the FS Wishlist on his wall and scribbles down yet another item.

*sigh*

Can we signup for a "frequent buyer card" from FocusSport or something?

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics are now up under the ZETEC update thread in the Focussport section below.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
And of course we still have no word on this mount for the SVT!!!! Aaarrrggghhhh

I want it!!! hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts