Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done ordering this mount off of your sight. I figure this fits the svt the same as the regular focus with dohc. Just wanted to be sure by asking here. Also, I did fedex standard overnight. Today is Monday, the 25th of August. Should I expect it on the Wed. the 27th? Hope this helps my loud bang when I launch, seems to be coming from my fire wall, feels like engine is coming back hard and banging on something. Hopefully this stiffer mount will help some.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
In case nobody gets to this....

Since it's late in the day it prolly didn't get shipped today... prolly go out tomorrow.

Fits the SVT just fine! Many peeps I know have it in there!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks, i knew it would go out tommorrow, just wanted to be sure, ya know. Think this will help my loud bang noise when dumping the clutch? I am pretty sure it is something not being stiff enough to stop everything from banging into each other when launching. Launches fine, clutch is top notch, so nothing mechanical wrong, just something has way too much play when launching. thanks again!
ohh and this isnt on back order is it? want to make sure it goes out tommorrow the 26th so i can have it by the 28th for import night at the track ( did fedex overnight delievery, but it was after 3 today so it will go out tommorrow)

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
the sound you hear is the engine slamming into the firewall... yes it'll help! When all the mounts come out... that engine ain't goin nowhere!

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
cool thanks, i knew it would go out tommorrow, just wanted to be sure, ya know. Think this will help my loud bang noise when dumping the clutch? I am pretty sure it is something not being stiff enough to stop everything from banging into each other when launching. Launches fine, clutch is top notch, so nothing mechanical wrong, just something has way too much play when launching. thanks again!
It sure will. I only have the ES inserts, and those cured up that banging noise I got from 1st to 2nd. I always cringed when I heard that happen.

I think you will be very pleased with it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well got it installed yesterday in my driveway. Easy as pie. Must say that FS won a life long customer with the service I have got from them the last two times I have done buisness with them. I placed an order for this mount at six at night, and got it in less than 24 hrs! That is amazing to me. And, when I called them up, they actually knew who I was! Try that with other bigger name companies such as FS. I will be getting my flywheel and quaife from these guys for sure! Yeah maybe I could find a slightly lower price on the quiafe, but the small amount of extra money is more than worth it to me with this type of service. Oh, and the motor mount is nice. Feels more stiff on stops, and accel. Just like I wanted. Sitll had a thump when I launched at 5K, but anything under that there is no thump at all. Just one question though. It was supposed to go with the cupped side facing the ground....right? Well, thanks FS...look forward to getting my JRSC so I can get my quaife and flywheel from you guys!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sitll had a thump when I launched at 5K,
5k?!??!
yeah wanted to see how far I could take it with out that loud bang noise. guess i found it...i usually launch at 3.5 k or 4 k. The svt likes to bog off the line, so gotta get her up there on lauches...need that quaife cause it spins bad, then anything below like 3k it bogs horrible, rather spin than bog

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Uhhhh you guys better cut it out...

Clutches are wear items... the only reason they're replaced under warranty is a.) in the first year/12K miles or b.) failure due to construction....

The heat tempering on the clutch will show what you're up to.... and you'll be screwed.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I never said I was, but I know others are. I've probably only slipped my clutch 3 times, so Im expecting it to live a long life. If not it will be replaced with something better

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was just joking in the first place. When this one goes, I sure dont want an OE style one. I want a much more beefy one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts