Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i have to say is wow! Every shift is smooth and direct now, not vague and sloppy. Before i couldnt find 3rd at high rpm sometimes, not a problem at all anymore. Car feels so solid now. Well worth the $99, must do mod! Plus there is only a small small amount of vibration at idle with the ac on
Thanks CFM and VF!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I wonder how they dampened the vibration. the ES bushings are harsh! In fact, I'm swapping my ES for another jetter's stocker this weekend. After 2 years, I'm tired of the rattles and shaking.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
I wonder how they dampened the vibration. the ES bushings are harsh! In fact, I'm swapping my ES for another jetter's stocker this weekend. After 2 years, I'm tired of the rattles and shaking.
that's the sacrifice. but, if you really want to make your shifts easier and not get the giant "thud" when you shift from 1st to 2nd really hard, it's a must. i've ridden in cars with all 3 motor mounts replaced. now THAT'S some shaking. the guy said his GF LOVED to ride in the car, esp. when they got stock in stop-n-go traffic

Mike

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I heard the shaking was relieved by having all 3 mounts.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
I've installed it, and for everyday driving it sucks. Far too much vibration at idle; in or out of gear, A/C on or off... but then again my car's got the 2.3...

Somebody get back to us when all three mounts are available and installed.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Are you sure its installed correctly? Because I don't have much vibrations at all, even with the balance shafts removed. Compared to my old Zetec, its still butter smooth.

Compared to the ES kit I used to have, its on par. Feels like the same durometer polyurathane, so it didn't seem to have any more or less vibrations.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
if your talking to me: Its on an SPI. the bushings are installed correctly. Im sure I could drill a few holes to cut down on it but I know somebody who wants it and I dont mind going back to OEM softness.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Are you sure its installed correctly? Because I don't have much vibrations at all, even with the balance shafts removed. Compared to my old Zetec, its still butter smooth.

Yes; there's really only one way it installs, when you look at the the mount point configuration on the car's subframe.

The lip is installed up on the car's side...

It's urethane, fer cryin' out loud! I knew it would transmit more vibes.

I think the extra amplitudes are coming from the fact this PZEV is EXTRAORDINARILY smooth and quiet with the OE mounts. Plus the fact that I never had to live with a Zetec...

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
yea you should try installing all 3 it's a great feeling....it feels like a REAL car....haha...but yea theres not a whole lot of vibrations

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have hardly any vibration at all. The es inserts suck they were harsh plus they would pop out of place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts