Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi randy,
I plan on buying your vf/supercharger in the near future..
3 to 6mo., any how I've already got your sct chip (works great btw,I love it..outstanding) so i was woundering if I just send it back for another file for 25.00 & get a break on the <u>s/c price</u> since it comes with the same chip in your package??
thanks in advance,
steve

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It probably would be better to sell your chip and get the Xcal 2 (with the blower kit) which is a flasher with datalogging capabilities among other things.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
IIRC... the FS/VF SC Kit now requires an XCal2 Purchase... so that any tuning issues can be easily addressed.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I should have waited a couple weeks before I ordered my kit, I would have paid extra for the Xcal2.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must have miss read the parts list... says it comes w/ sct eng. mngt.(asuming xcal 2),thought it was another chip at first,
I must have been sleepn at the wheel, sorry guys
thanks for ur input

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I must have miss read the parts list... says it comes w/ sct eng. mngt.(asuming xcal 2),thought it was another chip at first,
I must have been sleepn at the wheel, sorry guys
thanks for ur input
You don't have to purchase a separate Xcal2 with our blower kit. The kit includes a chip or XCal1. However, I STRONGLY recommend the XCal2 for it's data logging. We can make quick changes to your programming if needed, with data logging. And the changes are free of course.

If you are not local to us or you don't have access to a dyno or a data logger, it makes good sense to go with the XCal2. We can upgrade you at the time of purchase for not much more money.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you are not local to us or you don't have access to a dyno or a data logger, it makes good sense to go with the XCal2. We can upgrade you at the time of purchase for not much more money.
thanks- i'll definatly do that, i wanna get everything at once for a smooth install, can't wait!

<font color="blue">which cams would ya reccomend if any...btw i autocross as often as poss.</font> I'm gonna try to bring my car to ya sometime after s/c install -(for poss cam install & dyno tune) during my vacation
summr. 06 when jobs& my tight budget alow.
sorry about all the long posts& questions, i'm used to sm. blk. chvy's!
thanks again ..steve

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
We just took delivery of our new prototype FI cams. We've not tried them yet, but we'll do it soon.
Oooh! Mee MEEEEEEEEEEE Me!!! Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I should have waited a couple weeks before I ordered my kit, I would have paid extra for the Xcal2.
We'll give you a nice deal on an XCal2 since you already have our blower kit.
Hmm, really? I might be giving you a call next week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts