Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off here's the exhaust im referring to:
http://www.modernperformance.com/ford/vibrant_cat_back_focus.shtml

Ok, I have a couple of questions and I hope you guys can help me out.

1) Is this a good exhaust?? I don't know much about Vibrant

2) Is there anyway that this exhaust will work on the Sedan body style??

3) For anyone who has heard this exhaust, does it produce a good, deep sound and is it excessively loud?

I hope you guys can help me out with these questions. From looking at the pic it looks like a good high-quality exhaust and thats what im looking for but it says it fits the ZX3 and i have the Sedan so I dont know
. But it could be like when i ordered my AEM CAI. They said that it fit a 5-speed but not really an automatic yet it fits perfectly fine. I dunno.

·
Registered
883 Posts
1.) One of the highest quality exhausts. Perfect fit and look.
2.)I have it on my sedan, if you want pictures so be it.
3.) Very nice, deep, and low tone. However it's pretty loud. I would compare it to a V-6/8 without cats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you please post pics of it on your car?? Hmm see my only problem is is that I dont want it to be to loud b/c i dont want trouble from the cops about it... know of any solutions to maybe tone it down?

·
Registered
390 Posts
i have it and its loud, but not as loud as the SHM exhaust...i havent had any problems with the cops.

·
Registered
401 Posts
its a great exhaust. I have it on my zx3. It is not htat loud until you add a header or remove the cat. I ad it with a jba/stock cat and it still sounded great. When i put the race header on it I had to put in a resonator to quiet it down.

·
Registered
883 Posts
For your viewing pleasure. Sorry it's dirty, winter in Michigan isn't exactly fun. The exhaust does come polished S.S.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by I3ooM:

1) Is this a good exhaust?? I don't know much about Vibrant

2) Is there anyway that this exhaust will work on the Sedan body style??

3) For anyone who has heard this exhaust, does it produce a good, deep sound and is it excessively loud?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Answers:

1.I have had my vibrant on my car for over a year now and have had no problems out of it.Even ordered it from modern good guys to deal with.

2.Yes, they make an exhaust for the sedan also so that should not be a problem.

3.The exhausy has different levels of sound depending on how much you have done to your exhaust system,

Stock header and stock cat- Nice deep tone, good sound not to loud at all.

Shorty header and stock cat- Still nice deep tone, little louder still not to loud in my opinion.

Shorty header and high flow cat- Deep tone at idle when you get on it its a little loud does'nt get raspy till very high in the rpm's even then its not bad.

these are based on what I have done to the car. When you get into the long tube header no cat combo it does get pretty loud and if your worried about the police then it might be a little to much.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Vibrant and raceheader is VERY loud. If you are going to stay with a shorty and maybe a high flow cat then it will be a little loud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts