Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i already have a 2 block loudness vibrant and want a race header, how many blocks am i gonna be heard from and how much louder is it in the car?

I DO NOT WANNA A TICKET, BEING THAT MY CAR IS ALREADY COP ATTRACTIVE.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
IT WILL BE LOUD....VERY LOUD! I HAD THAT SETUP AND IT WAS ****ING LOUD! I GOT A TICKET TOO!
AND MY CAR WAS ON IDLE TOO!

[ 02-23-2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Hi-Risk ]

·
Registered
428 Posts
From what I understand you will definitely want to add on another resonator into your system. I have been thinking about a race header as well. I am thinking of addind in a cat and resonator to try to tone it down some. By doing this I hope to keep it at the noise level that it is currently at.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Dude I work in Dearborn and i'm there all the time. You can be heard approx 1 mile away... if you're going Wide Open throttle....

But around town, you'll just have a super low and loud tone.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
VERY VERY LOUD!!! i have heard the vibrant with the r/t high flow cat and it was like a cannon when they got on it. i've also heard the MBRP with a r/h and you could hear it from 1/2mile away with no problem.

my suggestion: get a quieter exhaust, sell the vibrant. if you really are worried about getting a ticket this is the only sure way to do it. you can get a resonator welded in, but again you're talking more $$. i'd get the FS quiet exhaust and save your ear drums and keep you away from the dreaded fix-it ticket.

Nate

·
Registered
579 Posts
i'd have to agree with shiva on this one very loud i have experienced it riding next to a race header +vibrant car and you can't hear your car when riding next to it and then i had it on my car and with windows closed it was unbearable .now i have the borla and it is so soothing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts