1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July 18, 2005
More new rods!

Toyota 7MGTE and Ford/Mazda 2.3 Duratec

Eagle now has forged 4340 chromoly H-beam rods available for the Toyota 7MGTE (86.5-92 Supra), and the Ford 2.3 Duratec as found in the Focus, Ranger, Mazda 3, and Mazda 6. Part number for the Toyota 7MGTE rods is CRS5984T3D. Price is $600 per set. The part number for the Ford 2.3 Duratec is CRS6094F3D. Price is $400 per set.
Reasonable price 2.3 duratec rods are here.
Bring on the boost!!!

http://www.eaglerod.com/

·
Registered
803 Posts
$400 per set... NOICE!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
any word on rods for the D20???

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i saw that on the eagle site yesterday .. but i figured since id been gone 3 weeks someone already posted it
I didn't notice it before. Actually when I called Walter on sunday he mentioned it to me.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
VICTORY!!! THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!

Eagle now has forged 4340 chromoly H-beam rods available for... the Ford 2.3 Duratec as found in the Focus, Ranger, Mazda 3, and Mazda 6.

The part number for the Ford 2.3 Duratec is CRS6094F3D. Price is $400 per set.

One of the best posts evAr in Duratec.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
So, how long until we start seeing a turbo kit?

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is a good sign, wasn't the stock rods the reason Walter shelved his SC project?

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
It was turbo, I think, and yes. The stock rods bent in half at 7 psi, and he didn't think many people would be willing to pay for Cosworth hardware. Of course, I don't think a lot of people will be willing to pay for Eagle hardware, either. People are cheap.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm thinking that SC kits will start coming faster than expected, hopefully. Seems like the zetec kits all hit rather quickly since last year.

·
Registered
262 Posts
what bout the d20
The Powerworks kit a few threads down entitled "i'm a lucky Boy", it was mentioned that that kit would work for both the 2.3 and 2.0.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and he didn't think many people would be willing to pay for Cosworth hardware. Of course, I don't think a lot of people will be willing to pay for Eagle hardware, either. People are cheap.
Yes some are. But $400.00 for rods is not bad. And the eagle rods will hold up.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
And the eagle rods will hold up.
True. Very few Foci will ever see enough punishment for Cosworth vs. Eagle to make a difference. But I still think that if I ever build my bottom end, I may get Cosworth rods just for bragging rights.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And the eagle rods will hold up.
True. Very few Foci will ever see enough punishment for Cosworth vs. Eagle to make a difference. But I still think that if I ever build my bottom end, I may get Cosworth rods just for bragging rights.
Braging rights?

The cosworth rods are an I beam design.

Eagles are an H beam design.

H beam is a stronger and lighter design.

Read more about this HERE. (beware pdf)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts