Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to post this to the pit stop forum, but figured you guys might appreciate it a little more.

Saw a classic, well maintained Lola prototype at Portland International today:

I should have got some more info, but all I know is that it has a Chevy V8.

The driver didn't know the track very well, or was VERY wary of the wall on the main straight (or both). He would WAY late apex turn "12" then straighten up for a big HP run right down the middle of the straight (almost like a drag strip run). But when he was dialed in, it was a sight. I should have caught a little video of him getting down the main straight. Having said that, I'm sure the ALMS guys next weekend will make that car look like an old muscle car stumbling around out there.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
A T70 Coupe...very nice!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
or was VERY wary of the wall on the main straight
...or was VERY wary of his wife kicking his [bum bum] if wrecked that high dollar car.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Pushy aren't you about that Mitsu!
It's one of those unobtainable cars that someone was obviously able to get their hands on. If it "belonged here" then I wouldn't really care.

These are from a few years ago when I had a crappy camera...

The owner Larry is a friend of the family who I've been trying to get his BMW M1 from for years. Now he's actually selling it and I can't buy it...
I think you posted these here ages ago. Any idea how he got a plate on that thing?

>8^)
ER

1 - 9 of 9 Posts