Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.espdesign.co.uk/udp.asp?cat=12&subcat=&make=&model=&udp=541

What do you guys think?
Or am i better off going for a K&N filter?

Currently just got a 1.6i Zetec, gonna get new exhaust aswell at same time as the filter/kit.

Also what other mods would you suggest to gain more performance? Please bear in mind i'm not very good with mechanics

[ 09-30-2002, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Dn ]

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks good! Don't know how well it really shields against heat, but looks like it should do a good job.

Give it a try

Also try a new Throttle body and Cat back exhaust systme...You should be happy with the response, gain, and sound

[ 09-30-2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: RicanStyleZX3 ]

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm not a hard core parts person, but I think that the throttle body allows your engine to intake more air. In other words, it increases throttle response because it's letting in more air into the engine. For instance, the 2.0 zetec has like a 56mm(or something like that) stock throttle body and you can put a 65mm trottle body. Bigger hole, more air, apperently more power but you actually get increased throttle response.

Follow the intake tube from the air filter to the engine. It goes on the end of that tube, connected to the engine. It should replace the one on your engine but I'm not sure if they make a throttle body for that 1.6 engine

Hope this helps! I'm sure that other memebers here know much, much more

·
Registered
294 Posts
lmao all that thing does is make it so your cone filter gets less air. the whole advantage of a cone is the increased surface area of induction over a flat panel. With this your limiting your induction area to that little hole. Not good...that dyno is total BS too.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by ruggedman:
lmao all that thing does is make it so your cone filter gets less air. the whole advantage of a cone is the increased surface area of induction over a flat panel. With this your limiting your induction area to that little hole. Not good...that dyno is total BS too.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't know man, if the space around the cone is empty it would still filter all the way around with no reduced surface area. The intake hose looks at least as big as the one on a Volant (at least one of the ones on a Volant since there are two inlets), so incoming air shouldn't be too restricted either. Depending on price, why not give it a try?

·
Registered
58 Posts
that kit is actually one of the best on the market, it was reviewed on the ford focu owners club wes site www.ffoc.co.uk

I'll try and find a link to the article.....

the site is down at the moment but i remember them being really really impressed with the kit.

its in the product reviews section of www.ffoc.co.uk

[ 10-02-2002, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Stealth_Zetec ]

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep - as the writer of the review I can confirm that is a lovely bit of kit but at £250 it isnt cheap unfortunatly.

Ive also just recently added the FC throttle body review to my reviews section also.

Lee
WWW.FFOC.CO.UK

1 - 15 of 15 Posts