Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
there was an article on that in SCC i think last month...?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Vishnu is an awesome tuner. Shiv the owner of Vishnu who started it with bumping up Miatas is extremely active on NASIOC and evolutionm.net coming in to obviously talk about his achivements and products, but as well on non-related stuff to give his opinions, and to educate us on technical stuff. He also flies out around the U.S. when we set up groups of folks and comes and tunes the cars personally. You can't get much better customer service than that.

What impresses me most is he only tries to enhance the car and not make it something it's not, he doesn't mess with what is already right on the car. And software upgrades for the ECU piggbacks he sells are free on his site.

The fact that he's only 29 years old, just makes me wonder where I went wrong with my career.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, once you go black you never go back

just make sure it has the initials STi,

check out this http://www.vishnutuning.com/ their prototype STi is black
Seth,
Only 600 more miles and maybe just maybe I will be buying some goodies for the STi.... Still waiting for Shiv to release his upgrade packages for the STi though (hmmmm Stage 1) if anyone wants to look this is what the car can do with a turbo back exhaust, and remapping of the ECU. It is amazing what this young guy (29 yr) can do, and the thing is he just keeps getting better and better all without ruining the intent on which the car(s) were made for.

Hmmmm Stage 1 STi

dammit! these cars keep popping up in my life!!!!

I dreamt that i had a black one the other night!!

someone is trying to tell me something......

should I get black?
Kris, yes you should get one as far as I know I am the only one on this site that has one, yet mine is silver
. Out of the box the car in unreal... after break-in, I will have a full review/write-up (a week or so). I have to agree will Seth but switch the words "Once a Scooby always a Scooby" trust me I am never going back and you can hold me to that.

Rick

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Kris, yes you should get one as far as I know I am the only one on this site that has one, yet mine is silver
Rick
Rick,

Not for long: From NASIOC:

Trip McNealy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37338

2004 WRX STi (soon)
Silver/Silver

hey emulous..nice to see some familar FJ people on here

Good luck with the EVO. Maybe we can have some fun with our cars (I will also get an STi soon) at the next FX04.
I think you have the title for a little while longer, and if you drive to Maine this weekend, I promise you, you'll hit break-in before you leave

·
Registered
39 Posts
Seth,
Sorry not this weekend I already have plans.... but we will have to go out and drive alittle either when I get my butt up there to ME or when you come down to NH

BTW the key is that I am still the ONLY one that has an STi on the Jet (at least I think). So I will continue to

Rick

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dammit! these cars keep popping up in my life!!!!

I dreamt that i had a black one the other night!!

someone is trying to tell me something......

should I get black?
Kris here is your answer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
props to Shiv and his mad tuning skills. But his tuning is too conservative. I used to run his products but now I run TurboXS stuff. They dont hold back when they tune, so you get the most bang for your buck. Plus the prices on Shiv's stuff is outrageous!! And the customer service sucks. I met him when he came for vacation, and he actually road tuned some of our cars, since we dont have an AWD dyno here.

If you want power for less money, go with something else.

my .02

·
Registered
333 Posts
a guy at my work has a blue one. has some mods. says he's pushing about 300 hp. he's doing more work to it. when he's done he said he'll be in the 400 hp neighborhood. i told him to do the suspension since that's still stock.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
And the customer service sucks. I met him when he came for vacation, and he actually road tuned some of our cars, since we dont have an AWD dyno here.

If you want power for less money, go with something else.

my .02
Would you expand on how someone coming to Hawaii on VACATION, taking his off-work time to road-tune some cars shows bad customer service?

The conservativism in his tunning is right up my alley, so I agree whole heartedly that there is much better bang for the buck out there. It all depends on what you want out of your vehicle.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
Jeff and I got to drive a WRX 'long lead' media car when they first came out. Back then I was like WOW

Those cars are too much fun....

I've also gotten to drive a mildy modded S4 Avant--the car the Scooby wants to be when it grows up.

All I have to say is AWD cars ROOL

I think I will get black... although I heard they're coming in red now too...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I knew someone would try and tie those together, you guys are too predictable.
The two scenarios are completly unrelated.

What I meant was, try calling his shop, and you'll see. Try and order a part, and you'll find out. You literaly have to wait 3 months to get what you want from him. And it's always "we're shipping it tomorrow" right.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts