·
Registered
723 Posts
notice any differance?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a bit quieter, actually. Funneling the noise away I guess. I haven't got her out on the street yet. Too much work to do around here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is advance auto a website or like a murrays/ autozone?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hypocrisyB ZX3:
Is advance auto a website or like a murrays/ autozone?<hr></blockquote>

It's like autozone. All it is is an air intake hose, Mighty Flow part number 96093 is what I bought. It is just over 3 inches in diameter, perfect to slip over the Volant. Contemplating a ghetto mod to mate the hose portion of an SVT snorkel to the bottom portion of the Volant with another one as we speak. I can skip all of that cutting and puttying everybody else has done that way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
very cool man. Good to hear that your choosing your own route instead of following everyone else. Thanks for giving me the part number and all that. Just one last question, Did you have to buy anything else to get the snorkle to work?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I went to like 5 different stores to find EXACTLTY what you have! Very cool indeed. Where is the end of the tube? Were you able to fit it under the headlight housing? That was my main problem when looking for an extension-nothing that would fit the snorkel would go through that opening. Gread mod-let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
cut and paste it dude. It should work for you. That is how I did it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ran it up to the opening, when you're driving, it will get the air it needs, and when you're sitting still, it should pull air from the front - much better than how the Volant does it alone. Since the hose itself is bendable, though, you could squeeze it wherever you want I suppose, I was going for the least kinks and most direct air flow (while keeping the diameter a full 3 inches).
hypocrisyB, I haven't done the snorkel mod yet, but my idea is to pull the plastic end off (the part that would fit into the airbox), then use this flexible air intake hose to attach to both ends (the snorkel hose and the bottom of the Volant). I might have to get a piece of 3 inch tube about an inch long to slip into the SVT hose and provide something for the new hose to clamp to.

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: orndog ]</p>

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Thanks for the tip, orndog
I went to Advance today and picked up that tube. I snaked it down behind the headlight, though...hope the cooler road-level air makes up for the constriction in that spot
we'll see...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i went to auto zone and pick up an intake hose. i think i picked up the wrong one cuz mine dont flex at all. i have to cut tha little piece of metal behind the headlight. do that piece of metal have any importance?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This weekend I'm going to try to mate one of those to that SVT snorkel. If it works, I will post pics, if it doesn't, I will post pics of my bloody fingers.
Wish me luck - especially if you have a weak stomach.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anybody come up with an easier or cheaper way than that?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome!

I didn't know if I'd be removing the Volant for trade-in or anything, so I'm keeping my stock setup in a box, but that's great work!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts