Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the Volant Cool Air Intake fit a 2002 ZX5 ?? I've seen the design and I don't think I could install it in my car because there is a large metal band separating the intake from the battery. Does anyone have an idea if it could be install ??

Thanks .

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
It will fit any Focus with a Zetec.

What is this band you speak of?

- Drew

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I know what he's talking about.
It's to the right of the battery.
I believe the tube goes over that part.

All Zetec engine bays are the same from the factory. It should work fine.

[ 10-06-2002, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a Volant for my ZX3, yes the tube fits over the metal bracket your talking about, it helps to hold the intake in place when you shut the hood. I've heard rumors that Volant is going to release an extra hose to hook to this tube (same idea as the fabled Iceman add on duct). Great intake highly recommended just for the "SOUND".

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for your replies !!

I also wanted to know if this intake has good gains in power also or is it just sound ??

Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've got a Volant in my ZX5 and yes it will fit any Focus Zetec engine. They are all the same. I've never seen any dynos, but I did notice a difference in power. It should be as good as any of the other leading CAI's out there.

Eric

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not great gains (no intake has them w/this motor), I do notice though that the low end "lag" when the air conditioner is on is less noticable. If you want a better bang for the buck get an underdrive pulley thats gonna be my next mod, I should have done that first!!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
oh yeah the metal bracket to the right of the battery...yeah it fits over that fine.....i thought you had some bracket inbetween the battery and the air box....hell yeah the volant will fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts