Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions but rather than whoring two posts I will ask them both here.

I have a Volant intake in my car. I was wondering if there are any winter problems I should watch out for.

I'm talking about slush, salt, and other crap found on the roads here in Canada throughout the winter. When your on the highway (freeway) the car gets coated with salt. All the way from the headlights to the firewall... I know the intake is sealed by the hood on the top but there is still salt dust all over everything. Is this bad for the filter???

And second...

If I remove it from the car for winter
***I'm thinking I'm going to do this***

Is the cold dry weather bad for the intake if kept in the garage???

Just wondering. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
no, it should be fine. worst case, if you store it, clean it and re-oil in the spring. im thinking of taking mine out, because with the cold, its starting to vibrate my interior

plus in the winter, i could use as little power as possible.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
a volant is basically a short ram adapted into a CAI by using an airbox and an extension tube. it doesn't need any splash guards.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnPunk:
no, it should be fine. worst case, if you store it, clean it and re-oil in the spring. im thinking of taking mine out, because with the cold, its starting to vibrate my interior

plus in the winter, i could use as little power as possible.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What do you mean it's starting to vibrate your interior?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
well it gets so loud with the open filter right there, certain frequencies (when its REALLY cold) vibrate some of my interior trim. it doesn't happen when the interior warms up and didnt happen in the summer.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Mine does that too. I was thinking the Volant might be the cause, but I wasn't sure.

·
Banned
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Common. Mine does it too.

Almost to the point where you can't really hear the person next to you.

Kinda cool though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts