Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preface: I searched the board and found nothing like what I am experiencing, so if your answer is "Use the search", don't bother.

Ok, with that out of the way...I haven't even opened my hood yet. I've removed the Volant from the box it was shipped in, and I've begun to assemble the parts that can be assembled without access to the engine. NOW, I can't get the cone filter to both A) attach to the adapter inside the box, and B) get the bolts on said adapter to line up with the holes on the box. I've tried to move the filter around on the adapter to get it to clear the back side of the box, but the best i can do isn't good enough, as the filter isn't tight on the adapter. It looks to me like the bolt holes on the MAF end of the box aren't lined up properly. Has anyone else seen this with the Volant? I ordered it from newedgeperformance, so Tony D. is about to get an email regarding this as well. Overall, the build quality of this box just really leaves something to be desired...the holes are drilled really raggedly, with plastic bits still hanging on the inside. I can't believe I got the *only* funky Volant, someone else has to have seen this before.....

[ 09-06-2002: Message edited by: buzzbomb ]</p>

·
Registered
436 Posts
Okay, you know the MAF goes on the outside first, right? Then the plastic goes inside the box, with the MAF bolts going through the MAF and into the plastic filter adapter. That plastic piece the filter goes on will sorta bolt up turned 180 degrees off, so you have to make sure it's spun in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what you mean, orndog, but that's not the particular problem i was having. i managed to get the filter installed on that mounting piece and still get the MAF attached somehow, and there aren't any leaks, so i guess i'm good to go.
man, does it sound mean

·
Registered
436 Posts
Doesn't it though!!! I'm still modding mine a bit, for better cold air flow.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I got a sheet of paper with my Volant - which I promptly tossed as useless.

·
Registered
489 Posts
evrythings cool then? i was wondering how someone could have problems with that easy ****er.....**** the aem was easy(cold,long) and i used no directions...maybe its because i work on silly aircraft all damn day....

p.s did i mention i will trade you careers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts