Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one is better? On a ztec.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I just ordered the Volant last night from New Edge. I pretty much gotta give Drew the hands down on helping me with that one.

But for real, EVERYONEI have talked to about the Volant all told me it was one of the by far intakes on the market and it was kick ass. Literally everyone!

The Iceman seems to be a good intake as well. I know a handfull of people with that. My friend David has it and I drove his car the other day.

But if you were going to do the whole Iceman thing. You could save a lot of money by just buying the Iceman tubing, keeping your stock airbox, throwing a K&N Filter in there, and getting a SVT snorkel.

But like I said, Volant appears to be the **** for intakes, I'll find out this weekend. I know it's a lot, it took me a while to get the money too seeing how I have no job.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've been at an actual dyno test comparing several makes and the iceman was the best. (Although marginal, and YMMV)

[ 02-20-2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: askjeffro ]

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Another word:
ZETEC.
(Not ztec)
If that's just a "Typo", Sorry for the "Razz".

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Originally posted by TooleBox:
get both and make a Vol-Ice Frankenstein
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes!

I have wanted to do this for a while!

- Drew

·
Registered
280 Posts
i just stuck a filter at the end of my stock pipe works just fine for me i doubt it has any power gains but its better than nothing

·
Registered
2 Posts
After looking at all of these intakes, and seeing the different set-ups, I have to ask why it sounds so complicated when it looks so easy? Looking at that Esslinger intake, to me it looks like I could do about the same thing with a little bit of sheet-metal and some shears. I realize its a bit more complicated than that, but what makes it so complicated to get a big, open pipe to feed your airbox? Are these systems tested and computer modeled to insure good air-flow or something? It seems to me, just putting a filter on the end of a pipe would be about as good as anything. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Originally posted by Focizx3:
i just stuck a filter at the end of my stock pipe works just fine for me i doubt it has any power gains but its better than nothing
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I wouldn't say that. I'b bet that if you got a good filter, you're getting some increase. I've seen the air flow demonstrations that show just how much better K&N's (for example) flow than a stock OEM paper filter.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Volant is the way to go!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok it looks like everyone likes the volant but does it use the stock snorkle. Restricted air flow?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yes, it uses the stock snorkle but has the much larger auxiliary scoop sucking air from behind the head light.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts