Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic tube rubs the hood. The throttle boddy has that damn plastic piece that sticks out so I can't push it down further. Anybody else notice this? Mine is a 2002 ZTS, but all hoods are the same, right?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Are you guys driving your cars hard? Still have stock motor mounts? I noticed the same rubbing effect with my Volant under hard accelerating. I put some Energy suspension bushings in and now the engie doesn't move hardly at all when banging through the gears

·
Registered
431 Posts
You can adjust your hoods you know. The little black rubber stoppers that the hood rests on are threaded, just turn them the desired amount and you can change the resting height of the hood.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
i'll have to check mine....i havent noticed anything....but then again, i really havent put that much effort into it.

Edit

Upon inspection...it rubs a little bit...nothing big though. It could just be from the hood liner hanging too low in that area.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My car doesn't even have a hood liner. That's odd, I didn't know they were supposed to. Through what year? Mine is a 2002, and I bought it brand new.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ford stopped using the hood liners mid year 2001. I have the Volant and mine rubs too. I also have tried to reseat mine. Still rubs. As far as adjusting the hood, the rub is at the rear of the hood so adjustments would have to occur there not the front rubber stops.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am contacting Volant to see what they have to say about this issue.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by buzzbomb:
I've not noticed any hood rubbing with my Volant. You mean the TB-MAF tube, right?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, that's the one. It's got a rub mark on it and the hood. I pushed it down farther once, but either came back up or it wasn't far enough.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Haven't noticed any on mine either. If your adapter rubber tube is all the way down on your TB, then see if you can get your hard tube futher down in the sleave, almost butted against the top of the TB. Then re-tighten sleave, should work, unless your filter box itself is too high, forcing the whole assembly to ride up.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i dunno if it was the way my tube was cut wheere it meets the tb but i can not get it to seat with the tb for anything. It rubs up on the hood liner but not causing any problems, im contemplating tearing out the hood liner, any thoughts if i should or not.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i'll have to check mine....i havent noticed anything....but then again, i really havent put that much effort into it.

Edit

Upon inspection...it rubs a little bit...nothing big though. It could just be from the hood liner hanging too low in that area.

[ 09-24-2002, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Wedge1212 ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts