Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Click Here for The Official Announcement!

We are now taking pre-orders on Vortech aftercooled supercharger kits for the 2000-03 2.0L Zetec Focus (except SVT). The current tentative availability date is towards the end of September. Non-aftercooled and SVT kits are still under development and will hopefully be released sometime in the near future!

We would like all of you interested in purchasing one of these systems to please e-mail us directly at [email protected] with a daytime phone number so that we may contact you for pricing and other details.

If you just need some questions answered for now then please post those here.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
thats what i wanna know?? we dont wanna upgrade our trannies
you have to upgrade...

·
Registered
657 Posts
what is the max psi that can produce???(of corse w/upgrades) $4,700.... is this what it is going to sell for,for sure???

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
HOLD UP

maybe i am not seeing something but for 4800 buxs all we get is

The addition of the V-5 F-Trim supercharger will increase horsepower from 130 to 195 and torque from 135lb./ft. to 170lb./ft. at 8 psig at the flywheel.
If thats at the flywheel, what is that 165-170whp and 150ish ft lb of torque???

And 4800 bux and there is no fuel solution besides bigger injectors???

Sounds like a over price JRSC to me, but oh well

·
Registered
657 Posts
i hear that smoe... and i hate mt jrsc so far!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
HOLD UP

Vortech always underestimates power gains.

Currently Steeda is working with Ford on a Calibration for the non-intercooled Vortech kit (which MIGHT not require you to relocate the battery. the aftercooled kit requires you to relocate the battery)

We are currently getting 190whp from the non-intercooled kit, with the stock factory pump, larger injectors an alternate MAF and custom ECU calibration.

In testing, our "Project Shadow" Focus ran a 14.81 @ 92.67mph

The "Project Shadow" Focus was returned to stock for testing, with the exception of the vortech kit and a Steeda Cat-back exhaust. With a larger throttle body, cam gears, or other modifications you should see some good gains in power.

Check our site later this week for the full write-up on our testing.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
HOLD UP

Vortech always underestimates power gains.

Currently Steeda is working with Ford on a Calibration for the non-intercooled Vortech kit (which MIGHT not require you to relocate the battery. the aftercooled kit requires you to relocate the battery)

We are currently getting 190whp from the non-intercooled kit, with the stock factory pump, larger injectors an alternate MAF and custom ECU calibration.

In testing, our "Project Shadow" Focus ran a 14.81 @ 92.67mph

The "Project Shadow" Focus was returned to stock for testing, with the exception of the vortech kit and a Steeda Cat-back exhaust. With a larger throttle body, cam gears, or other modifications you should see some good gains in power.

Check our site later this week for the full write-up on our testing.
Thats cool and all but of course you are gonna be getting higher numbers cuz you have a complete fuel solution.

All vortec has is injectors? So why pay 4800 bux for a low output s/c have to drop another 800 to get toms mic just to get semi decent numbers

·
Registered
39 Posts
The kit which we are working on does not include a vortech aftercooler kit (which for most applications runs $1200, minus the aftercooler will give you an ESTIMATE of price, but nothing is in stone yet!), Once we have a calibration for the non-intercooled applications we might possibly start development on a calibration of the aftercooled version which will take less time since all the groundwork was finished with the standard kit. The aftercooled calibration should produce more power than the standard kit should be release one.

give it some time and Vortech will become a very reliable option for power in Focus'

"Project Shadow"

14.81 @ 92.67mph

·
Registered
657 Posts
ive seen ppl pull 15 flats with na bolt-ons!!! theres no way anyone is gonna spend 3k+ for a kit that gives us what we have now
unless they want it to say "i have a vortech sc
" show us something good vortech then im game

·
Registered
657 Posts
BTW,ill sell my jrsc in about 4-6 mos. after i drop in the V8

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
BTW,ill sell my jrsc in about 4-6 mos. after i drop in the V8
Ooh PM me bout it! I might be in AZ when you get rid of it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ive seen ppl pull 15 flats with na bolt-ons!!! theres no way anyone is gonna spend 3k+ for a kit that gives us what we have now
unless they want it to say "i have a vortech sc
" show us something good vortech then im game
I dont know if i mentioned this but the car that ran a 14.8 was completely bone stock with the exception of our cat-back kit. Add bolt-ons on top of that, and possibly a smaller pulley and you will be running much faster than 15.0's.

Also this car was running on very hard BFG scorcher tires which do not compare to say a drag radial which will drop your et's even more drastically. For this kit to run a 14.8 out of the box on a stock Focus shows a lot of potential, that i thought you would appreciate.

BTW:2002 GT's are listed as running a 14.2 in the 1/4. This vortech kit will help you safely level the playing field with unknowing V8 brethren.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Steeda congrats on your car

But i dont think you are seeing where i am, and other members are, coming from. Some ppl like me cant go drop all these custom parts, try out different kits ect. We aint rich. So what i am trying to say is, im not gonna save up for months, take out a loan ect... to spend 5g and come out with a low 15's car

Hell i wish i was like you, tom, naz, and everyone else that can throw a different turbo, or different clutch in there car every other week, lol

Thats why i am dissapointed

I need to go on strike till the DOD gives me a raise

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
will it work on an auto? and hey u guys have great service! thanks for the t-shirt
I believe Vortech's test mule was a 5spd. If so, then they probably won't have an answer to that question until they are able to test fit on an automatic. Thank you for choosing CFM!

what is the max psi that can produce???(of corse w/upgrades) $4,700.... is this what it is going to sell for,for sure???
Click Here for Vortech's Supercharger Performance Matrix

Our introductory special for the aftercooled version currently available is $4,399.95 (Satin Finish) and $4,574.95 (Polished Finish) shipped via UPS Ground to 48 contiguous states

Does the installation require the relocation of the battery?
The aftercooled kit includes battery relocation hardware. (Note: Wings West body kits require modifications)

Injectors and chip... What other fuel solution do you need? I think the aftercooler is overkill for 8psi but will be worth every penny when you get to higher levels of boost. If you take the price of the aftercooler out of the equation then the Vortech kit would only be slightly higher than a JRSC. After the JRSC quits the Vortech will still have plenty of potential left!

who sells upgraded transmisions that could handle a supercharger.
There has been mention of a few companies working on them but I'm not up to date on that info. You might want to search the forums...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts