Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last post got the accidental boot...so:
Hello all. We have released our ZX3 system to sell, however we need more cars for tuning. We currently have released LFQ0 and will have LFQ1 shortly. We need any other box codes!!! THis is only on 2.0L motors, we will have the 2.3 and SVT later. We are willing to give a discount on the system, plus a free install. We will need the car for 3-4 weeks and you can only get the aftercooled system. Vortech is in Ventura County, California. To find your computer code, look on the passenger side door jam in the front where the hinge is. The vehicles must be stock! The Focus must have no engine mods, cold air intakes, header, etc. A cat back is OK and the front clip (bumper) must be stock. If your are interested and close to SoCal, please email me your box code and model year. Also keep in mind that our system is 50-State smog legal under CARB EO# D-213-20. For the news release click here. Thanks.

Steve Padfield
Marketing Manager
Vortech Engineering, LLC
[email protected]

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm VERY interested. Although my car isn't exactly "stock", I have quite a few fellow owners who would be interested in the same thing.

Take a look at my car

www.mys1.org

and let me know if you can help. I'm currently turning 128RWHP with twin Webers and an ally flywheel... would like to see 180RWHP or more. My car is not a daily driver so I could leave it with you for quite some time. FYI we are considering doing One Lap of America with this car next April...

·
Double-Wide Pride!!!
881 Posts
Make sure that you take great pains to NOT make anything supercharged for the spi engine. I mean really, it is the most made engine for the focus so it would be just stupid to have more than a svt and a zetec market. I understand, the performance is in these two mentioned engines, but when you have a stock engine in the car that has great potential, and you keep getting passed by by the performance builders who only cater to an exclusive market, you get irked. VORTECH NEEDS YOUR SPI.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I mean really, it is the most made engine for the focus so it would be just stupid to have more than a svt and a zetec market.
Wards production data (the industry standard, btw) contradicts this assertion. Do not try to pass off your opinion as fact.

·
Double-Wide Pride!!!
881 Posts
Rats. I guess you have the better information than I do. Since I didn't have the Wards information or correctly know the industry standard, I do apologize about my miss-statement. I do hope this is sufficent. I will, however, nor retract my thoughts that performance companies like vortech should consider opening up their markets to all of the focus's. Including the pzev. Please understand, while there are people trying to turbocharge and supercharge, the only real hp gain that can be offered to this engine is nitrous. This is aside from udp's and standard things of that nature. Some (spier's) do have a desire to upgrade the performance of their cars. An engine swap to some just doesn't seem right. So people like me wait for the next big thing to come out of the performance mindbox that sells all thats good for the zetec and svt while the spi sees little. I imagine some who read this may think I'm mad because I didn't get the zetec or think I'm jealous, well not true. I do like my engine, I just wish I had some more performance options for it. [rant off]

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Rats. I guess you have the better information than I do. Since I didn't have the Wards information or correctly know the industry standard, I do apologize about my miss-statement. I do hope this is sufficent. I will, however, nor retract my thoughts that performance companies like vortech should consider opening up their markets to all of the focus's. Including the pzev. Please understand, while there are people trying to turbocharge and supercharge, the only real hp gain that can be offered to this engine is nitrous. This is aside from udp's and standard things of that nature. Some (spier's) do have a desire to upgrade the performance of their cars. An engine swap to some just doesn't seem right. So people like me wait for the next big thing to come out of the performance mindbox that sells all thats good for the zetec and svt while the spi sees little. I imagine some who read this may think I'm mad because I didn't get the zetec or think I'm jealous, well not true. I do like my engine, I just wish I had some more performance options for it. [rant off]
i think the idea behind this is that companies figure if your into modding your car, especially engine-wise, you wouldn't get the bottom-of-the-foodchain engine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the idea behind this is that companies figure if your into modding your car, especially engine-wise, you wouldn't get the bottom-of-the-foodchain engine.
This is true and is verified by our V6 and V8 Mustang Sales. We sell some V6 stuff, but no where near the amount of the V8 systems.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since there was no response to my post or email on this subject, am I correct in thinking Vortech has no interest in this application for my car?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Since there was no response to my post or email on this subject, am I correct in thinking Vortech has no interest in this application for my car?
I can't see Vortech creating a "kit" for a couple one-off setups. I mean did you honestly think Vortech would R&D a kit tailored to your customized setup? There would be no chance of volume sales.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can't see Vortech creating a "kit" for a couple one-off setups. I mean did you honestly think Vortech would R&D a kit tailored to your customized setup? There would be no chance of volume sales.
What's "volume" for a supercharger kit? There are now fifty-nine S1s on the road. Two of them have JRSCs on them already. I can think of perhaps twenty owners who would eventually buy, out of what we have now, and we add about 30 a year.

You're still talking a Zetec here, not a Crossflow or something wacky. Cut some pipes and sell the product. If we have to pay a grand more than the Focus people... most of us are able to do that.

If Vortech expects to sell ten thousand kits a year, I don't think we matter... but if they expect to sell five hundred Zetec kits a year, the S1 (and the Caterham, and the Ginetta, and the other English/South African cars which use the Zetec) are worth considering.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We need to do Focus ZX3 cars now. If you want to purchase a system without programing and get the tuning done somewhere else, I can sell you a tuner kit. If you can get 25 people interested in your S1 system, maybe we would consider it, but it wouldn't be until next year when the Foci corral we have here settles down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i hope you didn't just knock the 2.3L sense according to a ford website said and i quote "148 [email protected] 5500 rpm with 152 [email protected] rpm"
whats that stock 2.0 put out 130

·
Resident Vortech Guy
485 Posts
[/QUOTE]i hope you didn't just knock the 2.3L sense according to a ford website said and i quote "148 [email protected] 5500 rpm with 152 [email protected] rpm"
whats that stock 2.0 put out 130

[/QUOTE]

All I know is that I just got my second Focus, and it's a 2.3L...and it HAULS A$$ compared to the 2.0L! In stock trim, automatic trans,with THE A/C ON I've smoked several cars, including several Civics and an Altima (Plus a fairly modded N/A 5-speed Civic.) I'm not saying it's a race car by any means (That's what the Mustang is for), but I love it. Ford is poised to DOMINATE ALL!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts