Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got our project car back from Vortech and it is awesome!! I will be bringing it to Focus on the Beach this Saturday for the CA people to check out. It is a after-cooled centrifugal supercharger that has boosted our numbers to 198HP and 165TQ and it is a smog legal kit!! - even in CA. We do have a couple of other mods on the car but not many(Throttle body, Cam gear, 2.5" Cat-back). It is a blast to drive and hardly louder than any other focus with a cat-back. Of course we will be selling this kit and are now taking reservations - production kits should be availble in 4 weeks.
Some cars may qualify for free installation, Call me details 805-583-8255
-Kevin
www.BlackdiamondRacing.com

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts

Great to hear that they're finally almost done. Based on the numbers I'd say this is the "regular" Focus kit, not the SVT kit. Is that right? I thought I saw somewhere that they were going to release the SVT kit first.

The only thing I'm looking forward to more than this is the FocusSport kit with the same (or similar) compressor. Hopefully I'll be able to compare the two by the time I'm ready to buy.

·
Banned
926 Posts
Is that WHP or BHP?

Also is that with the aftercool intercooler?

And do you have a dyno sheet of it?

195WHP is more then my current skills knows how to handle (well) for a long time. Though the torque is a bit dissapointing. Even so, my intereast have been spark by those numbers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, this is the "regular" or zetec kit. The #'s are whp. and these #'s are with the optional aftercooler and the bolt on's mentioned above. It has a very predictable feel and is very easy to drive. I'll post the chart when I get it - sometime next week.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Timing (cough) control (cough...cough)?
(Cough).. what the (cough) hell are you (cough) getting at (cough)?

This isn't some fly by night operation, this is Vortech... I think you can trust their kit.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
I know what FS is (was?) planning to do for tuning, but I'm not sure about Vortech. I'd assume they've come up with a complete tuning solution that's CARB approved... It'll be interesting to find out what it is. Of course Jackson Racing didn't address timing in either kit for the Focus, so we'll see.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it is a complete kit, including total fuel and timing solution. They have accomplished this using a proprietary chip and high flow injectors - no patched in 5th injector here - this was done right.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Sounds good. Is the kit ready to install out of the box or do you have to have them send you a ECU code specific chip?

Do you have pricing details yet?

As an unrelated side note... If you go into your profile and "edit" your signature and save it (without even editing it) it should return it to a normal URL that can be clicked on.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If I came by the shop, could I see the car and maybe get a ride? I'm in the market for a Focus and I haven't decided if I want a Zetec or a Duratec yet...

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
what was the pricing of the kit
aftercooled and non aftercooled?

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
NOT BASHING,,But the jrsc will do those numbers NON intercooler

To have TB,2.5 Exh,Cam gears,intercooler,Are those numbers not kind of LOW ? ,And the TQ numbers are only about 30 more than you can get on a slightly moded Zetec

Tom

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The kit will be an out of the box install right down to the wire ties - just like any other Vortech kit they come with everything. Anyone is welcome to come by the shop and check it out. The pricing is not set but expect it to approach $3.5k range and an additional grand or so for the aftercooler. Of course there is always someone who will make more power, you'll say 200hp they will say 210hp, and so on in to infinity... so I'm not going there. If you want good power(maybe not the most possible), great quality, factory like install, factory like driveabilty, and 50 state smog legal - then this might be a good choice for you.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
NOT BASHING,,But the jrsc will do those numbers NON intercooler

To have TB,2.5 Exh,Cam gears,intercooler,Are those numbers not kind of LOW ? ,And the TQ numbers are only about 30 more than you can get on a slightly moded Zetec

Tom
Tom what numbers are you talking about? The jackson does NOT put out 198whp and 165 torque on a zx3!!! On the SVT it does, but BlackDiamond is reporting numbers for the base ZX3 kit. Not the SVT

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
...................... If you want good power(maybe not the most possible), great quality, factory like install, factory like driveabilty, and 50 state smog legal - then this might be a good choice for you.
well said..

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Like someone already said, This is Vortech.This has been done right and will be a great kit.If there as good as thier other superchargers for the aka Mustang this thing is going to kick some butt, I will always use a supercharger over a turbo.I like always having the power there

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Will you be able to buy basic kit without the aftercooler and then at a later date, add the aftercooler?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
in a thread prior it was posted that the targeted price was 3k for the non aftercooled zx3, and 3.5k for the aftercooled package. this still hold up?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
in a thread prior it was posted that the targeted price was 3k for the non aftercooled zx3, and 3.5k for the aftercooled package. this still hold up?
Sorry, but no, The pricing is not set in stone but it will be more than $3k for the basic kit, expect it to approach $3.5k range and an additional grand or so for the aftercooler.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts