1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Looks nice, nice power, but price dam thats alot. How much is a GTI? just wondering. cuz for that money your buying a GTI with a v6.

[ 04-11-2003, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: MattZTS ]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
Curb Weight : 3256 lbs

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Exactly. I wrote "Lose some weight, tubby." but didn't post it because I didn't want to incite anything. Didn't the first popular and sporty version of the Rabbit/Golf weigh around 2100 lbs.? Why does almost every car maker these days think that "sporty" and "fat ass" are attributes which are inextricably tied?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm sorry but that is in the Evo and WRX field of play and it's not even close to them........
It needs to loose ALOT of weight like 600-800 pounds worth, and keep all the power, and a whole new suspension

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yea thats alot for that id rather get a GTI with just the 1.8T. But in that price range if I had that money Id get a new Acura TSX. It may not be quite as fast but id rather pimp that in luxury and have a sick looking car with some sport to it.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Who's that guy on Top Gear... he said it's got twice as much of everything as the original GTI? Twice as much power, twice as many driving wheels, and twice the weight!

No joke, I think the original GTI was 110hp, and 1700lbs.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
Curb Weight : 3256 lbs

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

I'll second that. Just another bloated luxury performance vehicle.

I can't wait to see if Dodge has the guts to produce the Razor.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The R32 is a very nice car. It is far more upscale than the EVO or Sti. It's another car in VW's Luxury before performance design philosophy.

The AWD is cool, but they are paying far too much of a weight penalty to make it worthwhile. If your gonna spend that kind of money, your better off getting an A4 1.8T. You'll get the turbo motor, awd and a more luxurious platform to start from.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The R32 is not supposed to be a GTI (sporty/lightweight). As Maxximtl said, it is meant to be geared toward upscale cars. I personally don't understand what they are trying to do. If I were to spend 32,000k, I would want something even more upscale. Don't get me wrong, I like the car, I just don't understand where or what they will be marketing it against and expect to compete.

[ 04-11-2003, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Dnewma04 ]

·
Registered
418 Posts
actaully top gear tested the car. it was a second slower then the focus RS and a second faster then the WRX around the track they went to. so it cant be that bad. id buy one

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I'd say the car is far more luxurious than a WRX. Is it worth the money? Probably not... I'd take a chipped A4 1.8T Quattro any day. But I think it will sell some... there are just some die-hard VW fans. How many are they bringing in? I'd think they could sell several thousand, but not more.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

sniff...... from the days before the luxo-barges

[ 04-11-2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: ZXmurph ]

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I'm with rachel.... saw that thing at the LA Auto Show and they had to forcibly remove me from it.

That blue color is the coolest IMHO. Very stylish, powerful, heavy but dayum if it isn't nice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts