Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the wait on the updated intake manifold? Is it still on backorder? Yes, my baby is at the dealer while my Tri-Ax shifer and motor mount sit here and I talk to the guys at livernois Motorsports about FI. It figures.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Those things always seem to be on backorder. I had my car in for service for 18 days when they replaced mine.

·
Banned
147 Posts
Mine was in for 12 days before it got done. Too bad the car STILL makes a washing machine noise, and the check engine light came on AFTER the manifold install.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Those things always seem to be on backorder. I had my car in for service for 18 days when they replaced mine.
Well that's nice. When I took my car in for the intake, they fixed a couple other problems and had me drive back and pick it up while they waited for it to come in. I think they were just trying to save money on paying out on the rental.
It's nice when the car is stumbling and stalling and they send you back out on the road with it. Looking back I should have forced the issue with them. I think it did take about two weeks to actually get it in as well, but that was about 3-4 months ago.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Does anyone have photos of the new manifold or new manifold clips, along with photos of the old? If so, that would help a lot of people out.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
there was a pic a while ago with the new clamps. However I am sure with the server issues it is gone. All the new clamps look like are typical hose clamps..however after looking closer the band part of the clamp is skinnier than the typical clamp. So you can't just go pick some up at a parts store. They are specially made for this application. As for the intake, I don't think visually it looks any different.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just shiny and new. In
changing the manifold they must have used the longest cc and throttle cables I've ever seen. I don't know how they could have ever thought that it looked right with these huge cables looping past the exhaust manifold. What morons.

·
Registered
751 Posts
As for the intake, I don't think visually it looks any different.
First, thanks all for the info.

What is the difference - what changed on the new manifold, and when did it come out? I have a 4/03 build car, and am wondering if I have the new one or the old one. It sure acts to me like it has some kind of manifold leak - any driving condition involving high manifold vacuum (part throttle or deceleration) creates rotten driveability. I will try the carb-cleaner trick around the seams and seals.

I went to the Motorcraft site and got all the TSBs on this car, and have seen nothing involving a new manifold listed there - so how was this rolled out to owners?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I'm trying to come up to speed fast - just got the car on 8/22, and don't believe any modern car should run like this. This is 2003 - cars that run perfectly, cold or hot, under all conditions, for 150,000 miles, are a dime a dozen. I will endure some minor hiccups during warmup for the sake of the tuned header and retarded timing to warm up the downstream cat, but I emphasize "minor" and "during warmup."

Ford emphasizes the civilized ride and large rear seats and cargo area along with the performance; they sell this car as an everyday hot rod - that's how I intend to use it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im sorry to hear that alot of you cant get a new intake manifold. I had a problem with my intake manifold, it exploded when I was racing it. I took it to ford the next day and they said they can fix it but it wont be warranty because of my aftermarket header. I bought the intake manifold the same day at the dealer for $180.00 I replaced it myself the next day and it runs great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts