Ford Focus Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I couldnt really afford to buy 4 brand new tires, so I figured I would buy just two and have them installed on the front (after all Foci are FWD). Went to walmart, told them I want them installed on the front only. They said okay.
i come back 4 hours later, and was told, that they didnt do it because Walmart's policy is to ONLY install on rear if there are just two tired then cycle the back two the front. But my back two tires are too low on tread, so they didnt do it.

So now, rather than having at least two good tires on, I have my nearly bald tires on, and cant afford the other two tires till late July:mad:

think thats bad,,try taking your 2009 Dodge Avenger in to pull a tire off a rim on the car on Monday,to send rim to be cut and balance because of vibs,,come back on Friday with same rim, same tire to reinstall and balance to have Walmart tell you they cant put the tire on because its a old tire out of date (mind you the other 3 on car are the same) and there policy forbids them from installing it,,even after showing them the receipt the still wouldnt put it back on,,,and get this they also charge you $5.00 each tire and wheel that you bring as carry in charge to have them just put the tire on the rim..
quote: much better to in chains with friends then a grave with strangers:bang:

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
way to bring up a zombie thread....but at least you used the search feature :thumbup:

cliffnotes:

dont ever goto walmart and have some minimum wage idiot touch your car.

new tires ALWAYS go on the rear, no matter if you have FWD, RWD or AWD (and if you have awd, you should be replacing all 4 at the same time anyway....)

thread can be closed and locked now :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
think thats bad,,try taking your 2009 Dodge Avenger in to pull a tire off a rim on the car on Monday,to send rim to be cut and balance because of vibs,,come back on Friday with same rim, same tire to reinstall and balance to have Walmart tell you they cant put the tire on because its a old tire out of date (mind you the other 3 on car are the same) and there policy forbids them from installing it,,even after showing them the receipt the still wouldnt put it back on,,,and get this they also charge you $5.00 each tire and wheel that you bring as carry in charge to have them just put the tire on the rim..
quote: much better to in chains with friends then a grave with strangers:bang:
Well the only thing I think is "Bad" is that you drive a 2009 Dodge Avenger and not a 2009 Ford Focus.

shame on you, you should be:eek:.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
My shop fixes more Wal-Mart F-ups than normal repair jobs a month. I've seen them bust the ''Stud'' that holds an oil filter in place on a Ford Explorer. They do NOT know how to properly rotate tires because they do not pay attention to see if the tire is directional or not. I constantly have to get customers new drain plugs because of the idiots they employ strip them out and or over tighten them so bad with an impact it isn't funny. Their inability to actually do a proper tire repair is what cracks me up the most, put the car in the air pull out what is ever in the tire not realizing you can damage the steel chords and belts then ram a piece of trash asphalt plug into the tire and it may just may hold. You get what you pay for when you go to Wal-Mart's service center.

·
Orange cones scare me
2,865 Posts
i never go to walmart for them to do crap for my car id rather pay 3 times the cost they charge to have it done right, however most of the time i do all my own work. As for the new tires on back thing if anything i would rather be able to steer then have my ass-end go straight i atleast can correct if that happens, if i have no front tires how in the heck can i even drive the car ????? The point about this rambling is PPL NEED TO LEARN TO DRIVE!!!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Its smarter and safer to do all four tires at once. You won't understeer going into a corner with low tread tires if you approach the corner like you have a brain.

·
Registered
226 Posts
this thread is funny, cant believe I havent seen it sooner :D

I want to work at your walmart bobby :)

we do any battery(even dodge/chrysler and buick... all the 1hr battery jobs :p) and only decline unsafe tires (less than 2/32nds, or over 5years old, belts sliped)

we do mag wheels, low pros, and even duellies, semi tires if they are carry ins, and my least favorite small form tires(lawn mower and the likes).

we do cars without oil on the dipsticks,(with a waver), CEL no problem,

hell it doesnt even have to be safe, or even have spots for passengers, full of garbage no problem. (I am not exagerating in the least)

zach you can have your new tires up front, but when your ass end overtakes you in the rain/snow/ice dont complain about it.

and BTW, you can sign a waver for tire installation in the front (just need a managers signature)

and if walmart gives you any trouble go inside and start screaming like a two year old.... odds are theyll give you $20, or 4 new tires, or whatever you want, it only comes from the associates bonus (it does not affect the store/ walmart corporate wallet unless its over a few hundred thousand)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.