Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you've read I've been having some trouble with my J&S. Come to find out the general area and sensor I have been pecking on and around isn't the Knock Sensor...... it was the CAM Position Sensor.....

Now that I feel Completly RETARDED... you may start with the slams and cheap shots

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would also like to add that John at J&S has been a great help in this matter and KUDOS to you sir

Your wiring should be correct and mines is ....... well retarded

One thing though, when I initially checked it was wire to 56, which is black /light blue (it looked blk/wht until I got a big shop light so I could see better) After which I hooked up to 57 and I soldered it in instead of crimping it, but I still didnt get any lights except the initial self test..... maybe my engine is a quiet one???

Also why does the unit pass the intial start test even when wrong wires are hooked up? It passed the test with every wire combination I tried.

Once more a big THANK YOU to John at J&S, and also to Tom at www.focus-power.com who also had a big hand in helping me figure out what I did wrong

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is the ford 104 pin out diagram, Hope this help

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think thats for a V-8, I saw plugs 1-8 listed

·
Registered
86 Posts
John:

Sorry I couldn't help more over the phone. Did you finish the installation?

I've studied the connector drawing and can't figure out what went wrong.

Does the drawing show the ECU pins, or is it the harness connector?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it figured out today, unfortunately I've had some BAD luck with the car today so I haven't been able to tune it.

Thanks again for all you help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts