Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
yeh its got power...bout the only thing good bout it, i hate the neon stock, SRT-4, or hooked up like that...im sry the thing is just ugly...fast but pug fugly...STi on the other hand is dam sexy...i dont kno, if ford cranks out competition im buyign cuz i love the look of my baby

-chris

304 Posts
Originally posted by CrUziN4L:
yeh its got power...bout the only thing good bout it, i hate the neon stock, SRT-4, or hooked up like that...im sry the thing is just ugly...fast but pug fugly...STi on the other hand is dam sexy...i dont kno, if ford cranks out competition im buyign cuz i love the look of my baby

-chris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">but the STi is about 15k more than that car.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Originally posted by everyone-needs-a-clear-focus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by CrUziN4L:

-chris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">but the STi is about 15k more than that car.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeh your absolutly right, it is...but will u compinsate visual appearance because u dont have the cash...thats like sayin if u were gonna buy a focus but u instead bought a daewoo/kia or sumthing cuz it was cheaper...
-chris

·
Registered
111 Posts
But what's the savings between a DAEWOO and a FOCUS? I don't think it's 15 grand. I dunno if I'd drop 15 g's for looks. Besides, the Neon is pretty nice to me.

·
Registered
457 Posts
difference in price between a focus and a kia isn't $15,000 though. I would actually save the $15,000 and buy the neon. Just think how much faster you could make it with that extra $15,000 left over. Fast enough to beat an STi and still have plenty money left.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can you say RICE!!!

Plus the Neon motor is a POS and I don't think it can take much more boost. So you would need all of that 15 grand to beat an STi.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Originally posted by SVT121S:
Plus the Neon motor is a POS and I don't think it can take much more boost. So you would need all of that 15 grand to beat an STi.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, pay no attention to those 300hp Mopar upgrades, or the fact the engine's underrated from the factory.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
the stock SRT4 looks better, IMHO than that car. but, then again, i dont like to get pulled over.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Can you say RICE!!!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">STFU you Ford/SVT Focus fan boy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you say RICE!!!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The SRT-4 doesn't use a Neon motor. I don't know for sure what the STI runs in the 1/4, but I think I read somewhere like a 13.5 or something like that. One company that builds parts for the SRT-4 ran a 12.9 with under $500 in parts and a set of slicks. Then you'd just have to figure out what to do with the other $14,500

[Edited for spelling]

[ 04-29-2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: TeenWlf28 ]

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
thats one of the better ones i have seen, i would buy it...even if it is a neon
fast is fast no matter who makes the car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts