Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im running the yoko es100s and after 5k on them that are loud. Is there such thing as a quiet 17in tire? Something under 140 a piece and non directional, directional tires seem to have the road noise issue.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have Falken Azenis ST115 in that size. I love them for how quiet they are. It is a directional tire though. I think I paid a little over $100 each. Falken advertises it as the ultimate in silence and performance.

Falken Tires

And yes I did say Azenis, just not the Azenis Sports because they are loud.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that tire is impressive! Base tread rubber compound contains micro vacuum capsules that literally suck up road noise. Im just not sure about the rounded edges of the tire. The yoko is more of a square tire and looks wider. Do you have pic of these tires installed?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Check out the bridgestone potenza re750's. I've got about 5000 miles on mine and they are just as quiet as the stock firestones. Wet and dry grip is outstanding. They do "sizzle" a little bit on cerain surfaces but it's only noticeable with the windows down, so it's pretty much a non-issue. These tires are a little more expensive than your yokohama/toyo/falken/kumho/etc., but it's money well spent, they are a much better tire all around.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
I have the tires in my sig on my car and one thing I can say for sure is they are soooo quiet and super comfortable. More comfortable than my stock 15" big sidewall tires. They grip really good too. At first I thought they weren't all that stupendous but I came to find out it's my suspension that is lacking. Otherwise I still haven't heard a squeel out of these things. Also probably perform awesome in rain and snow.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Extreme Contact would be a good choice for quiet without giving up performance. Since it's a directional tire it's more susceptible to irregular (especially if not rotated). Tire is a great value.

A better choice for quiet would be the Pirelli Pzero Nero M&S which is not directional and a better performing tire. See our recent comparison test at:

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=DG2&url=/tires/tests/co_contiExtremeContact.jsp

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow that tire is impressive! Base tread rubber compound contains micro vacuum capsules that literally suck up road noise. Im just not sure about the rounded edges of the tire. The yoko is more of a square tire and looks wider. Do you have pic of these tires installed?
Here you go:

I actually like the rounded edge, I don't worry about rubbing. I have really been impressed with this tire. Great performance, looks and quiet.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do they even make the Pirelli Pzero Nero M&S in 215/45/17?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts