Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a track event coming up and understand I can free up a couple of additional horse power by not including the AC compressor along the route of the accessory belt. I don't intent on removing my AC compressor, but I believe I can simply not include it. I have a Esslinger UDP installed, anybody know what belt size I am looking for?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
you will have to remove the compressor, but you will lose all your freon for the a/c and will need it refilled when you install the compressor again. i think you gain about 2whp by doing so. Now removing the power steering will give you 8whp.

·
Registered
397 Posts
lol people i like my power steering and my a/c i don't care if together thats 10whp

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I would be able to leave the compressor in place when I looked at the belt routing diagrams. Not a chance I'm removing the compressor for just 2hp. I'd consider the power steering pump only if I was going in a straight line. But this event is on a road course.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I can't believe you could possibly gain any real power by eliminating the A/C compressor from the serpentine belt system. If it's not working (compressing the 134A) then it should be only the compressor drive pullies bearing drag that could cause a drag and therefore consume power.
Now, if you removed all A/C components from the car (compressor, all piping, evaporator coil, condensor coil, etc) then you would eliminate some serious weight which is always beneficial for track times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys i needa know what it takes to take off a a/c compressor on an 05 duratec 2.0L had to buy a new one cause the old one broke...need help ASAP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts