Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i think my clutch is dying not sure, for that story check tech section, anyways my question is i only have 2700 on it, its a 03, now that clutch is under warranty right?? any will any ford dealer change it. thanks, -Will

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Even though the clutch is a wearable item it isn't covered under warranty I believe after 6 months or 6,000 miles or 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever comes first(keep in mind I am not sure which one is correct so posted both).So yes I would suggest having the dealership look at it being that you only have 2700 miles on it.Keep us posted on what they decide to do.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Well if you already have a clutch going out that means you 1.) were pushing it, 2.) it was a shoddy clutch. If you do push it, like hitting the rev-limiter, than they will check that and if they see that it happened a few times theyll probably say no about warranty work. So if thats the case then unplug your battery for about 5 mins, then go around driving and every so often shut it off, do that five times and then bring it in.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Thats not what I meant. What I did mean is that when they put your car on the scanner, they can see if you have hit the rev-limiter, and if you have then they think that you are really hard on your car, and probably drop the clutch and abuse it, therefore no warranty work on clutch.
I think you need to read my post one more time.

[ 03-29-2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: 03' ZX3 ]

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Just tell them that the reason the rev limiter was hit so many times is that the damn clutch was slipping...there is a story for everything

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i never go over 5000 rpm's i dont drive the car hard, i baby it. the clutch shouldn't wear at 2700 miles, u would have to kill it everytime you drive it. plus a clutch should start to slip in higher gears rather then 1st gear, this is new car, and this crap is going on, i am starting to have bad feelings.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Was this ever resolved?

i'm having simular issues ..

i was curious if it's the pressure plate or clutch ...

question: do you have traction control?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts