Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with Ford? If I throw an Eibach pro system (spings and dampers), are they gonna throw a hissy fit and not service my car anymore? I asked them and they said it "shouldnt be a problem" but I dont want to be getting myself into something thats not worth it. If its going to be a problem, I'm not going to lower my car....

So does anyone have any comments?

Will ford put SVT springs and stuff on my ZX3 if I ask them, or do you think thats something they wont waste their time with? Thanks..

·
Registered
455 Posts
They can void you for any reason if they decide to be difficult. If you have an engine problem and only have suspension mods, chances are they will still warranty the engine since they do not relate. Just what I've been told.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They can void you for any reason if they decide to be difficult.
false! due to the magnusson moss warrenty act (i totally misspelled that), they need to deem the aftermarket part the problem. if you put prokit springs/dampers on, your suspension warrenty is gone, but they can't void the powertrain warrenty. and if they give you any of that "vibration" [censored], they need to prove that the springs/dampers caused the problem.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eh, i dont know if i really feel like daeling with their crap then. maybe i'll just wait till next year to do it when i do all my performance stuff as well. i'll just deal with stock ride height or convince them to put an SVT suspension on lol

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
you only void your warranty on the parts you put on. so if you have an engine problem, they will still fix it under warranty despite your springs. dont be a baby and wait for the warranty to go out. most people never EVER use their warranty.

·
Registered
455 Posts
bunny, car manufacturers are like the government. If they want to screw you they will. They are much too big to think that 1 guy like you will change their minds about your vehicle just because you spout off some law. They know what it is and know that most people don't have the means to fight them over it. Don't be fooled, it can and does happen every day.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Does this apply to H&R Sport Springs as well?

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
it applies to any aftermarket product that you put on your car. however, just because ford is a big company does not mean that they rule the world. if a dealership doesn't want to honor your warranty on a part that is still oem, then go to another dealership. if they refuse, bark up someones ass at ford corporate. do enough bitching and they will bend over.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Accept the fact that it can happen and that there is a good chance, our cars history is good, that you won't need the warranty. Be happy, do the mods that you want, deal with it if it comes.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I took mine in with my eibach kit and had them do an alignment and no one said a word....but I paid for the alignment, they are not covered by Warranty anyway...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the tech's would'nt even notice the difference between an SVT spring and stock ZX3 when installed.Maybe not even the Pro dampers.They're all black, not much visual difference.
Might not want to press the issue with Ford installing them though.

My opinion is upgraded springs/dampers is the best thing I have
done for the car.

rich

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yea man don't be a pussy. All the mods you see below I had on before my 3 year 36k mile warrenty went out. I had no problems with the warrenty. My alt whent bad and I had an under drive pully on and they didn't say eney thing. I snapped my rear tourqe mount in half and they didn't try and say it was abuse. The only trouble I had was when I got a cel for a mafs (before the pro-m mafs of course) and all they said was take out the chip and we will have no problems. So all you have to do is find a dealership with some nice people working there and you will be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts