Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would also recommend taking it to a different dealership and having it replaced under warranty because without the antenna you cannot listen to the radio...well you can if you want to listen to nothing but static
.Anyway good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am thinking about taking the whole mounting off if it is just glued on there as I don't really listen to the radio just am when I want to hear some sports. I think it looks kinda cool without the whole mouting thingy for the antenna. So is the thing just glued on there?

·
Registered
193 Posts
OK today I was waxing my car and took the antenna off and it broke. The thread broke off in the hole and I took it to FORD and they tell me they won't fix it under warranty because I was working on my car. They said I am not allowed to take the antenna off as it is tampering with the vehicle. SO do I just complain to the Service Manager who hates me or take the car to another dealership and see what they say?

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Red_Willy_Focus:
So is the thing just glued on there?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I believe(but I could be wrong)that the antenna is mounted with either a screw or bolt through the roof so it would have to be removed from inside under the headliner/interior dome light area.

·
Registered
52 Posts
authorized dealers have the discresion to fix items on a car based on "good will". like if you have a 36,000 mile powertrain warranty and your tranny takes a dump at 37,000 miles. some dealers may still honor the warranty. and the manufacturer WILL reimburse the dealer for all warranty claims, so the dealers isn't losing any money anyways!

the room mounted focus antenna was designed to be removed for car washes and such, otherwise they wouldn't have put a thread in it, right? if your antenna did truly fall off like you said, your dealer should fix it. i think your service manager is just being a jerk. you should try another dealer. good luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The mounting is screwed on from inside the interior light housing - very fragile - be careful - check with Focushacks.com. Ford won't pay for it because you BROKE it - ask me how I know.

Tio Barry

·
Registered
51 Posts
If the thread broke... I would say that it is inferior craftsmanship... which should be replaced under warranty!! If not call ford customer service while standing in front of your service advisor... that worked for me once!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts