Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new 2002 zx3, and I would like to keep my warranty as long as possable. I have heard some of everything when it comes to aftermarket parts, from what I understand bolt on parts will not void my warrenty, but head work, stripping my cats and other such modifications will jepordize it. I looked in the Warranty book, and it was very unclear. So if anyone knows, or has had any experience with the focus warrenty, could you please help me out.
Thanks.

[ 11-20-2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: MyCars2Slow ]

·
Registered
222 Posts
This has been discussed alot and what I learned from it is that most bolt ons are fine. If you go in for warranty work they should honor it unless they can prove that the bolt on part was the direct cause of the problem. Now when you get to tearing the engine apart and removing cats thats where they can get you. But then again if you find a dealership that will work with you who knows. I know of a couple people on this board who have turbos, superchargers, and have dropped cams into their cars and their dealership will always work with them.

[ 11-15-2002, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Vegeta ]

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
the easy answer is that if you need to go to the dealer and you have some time to prepare, take off anything that isn't a bitch to do. better safe than sorry. however, if you're taking it to the dealer because the CD player doesn't work, you probably dont need to take off your intake.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the engine replaced on my focus at 11,000 miles. All i did was take off what mod that were easy to remove and put the originals back on. The suspension and cat-back exhaust stayed on. They (FORD) did all the repairs, no questions asked.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also need to know what people know about nitrous, I know that there isnt really a way to hide the solinoids (or is there?) Should I just wait a while till its time for my turbo to go on this summer, or is there a way I can run it without too much warranty trouble.
Thanks

[ 11-16-2002, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: MyCars2Slow ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts