Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the Mitsubishi TE04H turbo, and ever since we installed it the wastegate is supposed to fully open 6psi (this is w/o a mbc), but the psi keeps going.. when i get on it in 1st gear it goes to 5 psi then i shift, 2nd/3rd gear boosts to 5 then once i reach high rpm's it keeps going like it spikes to 13psi, yes i have fuel management and i do not hear detonation.. could it be the actuator?

·
Registered
573 Posts
id make sure there no cracks in the exaust side of the turbo. there supposedly known to crack. if u have the moeny get a auto boost controller. should stop the creep.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Need more info

What type of wastegate

What kit is it

Tom
It's your kit... didn't u know?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Some porting will help eliminate the creep....but an MBC may be a good solution also.

·
Registered
383 Posts
ive had alot of friends with dsm's that had boostcreep , iam not quite sure what the common fix is , but the internal mitsubishi wastegates suck.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It could be a boost leak. My IAC valve leaked pressure out as fast as I could put it in (tested w/ an airhose hooked to the compressor side of the turbo) before I JB-welded around the crimped part of it. Up until that point I had boost creep as well.

L8r

Brad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts