Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read about this in Xbox Magazine. Sounded like a cool idea, but then I watched the gameplay video. HOLY CRAP! The facial acting looks on par with LA Noir.

**WARNING: Some objectionable language.**

"The main gameplay mechanic of Watch Dogs is the use of hacking and surveillance. The game's protagonist Aiden Pearce can use any device tied to the city's central operating system (ctOS) as a weapon against it. During the gameplay demonstration, Aiden is seen jamming cellphones to serve as a distraction as he enters a vanity art exhibit, tapping a phone call to retrieve information about his target, and manipulating traffic lights to cause a large pileup designed to trap the target and his bodyguards."

"The player can also access information from the ctOS on the NPCs they encounter, including information on demographics, health, and their probability of violence. Combat utilizes a combination of stealth components and free-running, along with the mechanics of a cover-based third-person shooter. The E3 demo also demonstrated co-op play, as focus shifted to a second character above Pearce, on higher buildings, referred to as ”Bixxel_44" (controlled by another player) following Aiden's successful killing of his target, who was given orders to protect Aiden by intercepting the police trying to catch him, and then fled the place using fluid-like parkour moves."

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm really stumped now because I want to play this game, Assassin's Creed III, Tomb Raider, and Aliens: Colonial Marines. There's no way I can make time to play all these awesome looking games. I will likely just wait until after they come out to get a better idea of how good they really are. No more Homefront knee jerk for me.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
There's no way that game is current gen. Sorry, but this is definitely going to be a game for the next consoles. There's nothing in that gameplay footage that will translate over to consoles to even a close margin of what you saw there.

Still, next gen will be awesome!

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's funny you bring that up because that is the topic of my current find. The game, according to an interview with the developers (Ubisoft) in Xbox Magazine, will be coming to current-gen consoles and "possibly other platforms". But, a late 2013 release would put it near the rumored launch of the new Xbox.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
For a console... :what:

:p :lol:
I know you're just joking, but I'm going to go on here for a bit.

Yes, console. The market that makes profits when it comes to games in general. I wish the PC platform was the leading section of gaming, as right now, we'd be a few years ahead in graphical and AI advancement. Sadly, the PC margin is slim to minimum gross profit altogether, which sucks.

This demo was obviously on a high end crazy assed PC and they made the mistake of doing that. There's nothing in that demo that will look the same on console. Not even the PS3 will come close to that. Sadly, we're at the end of the graphical advancement for consoles and it really can't get any better.

I know first hand what happens to ambitious projects, and am truly saddened to see them go from awesome to just "ok". For me Bioshock was a huge example of that. The game concepts and initial designs were AMAZING, but as things were implemented, the cold hard realization that it couldn't be done how we wanted, was a cruel harsh mistress. Don't get me wrong, the game turned out well and I was very happy with how it was received. However, it could have been so much more.

Watch Dogs, as much as I wish it were this gen, is not. It might be current gen for the PC, but it's just not going to be like that on the consoles... Although, I hope they prove me wrong.

I can almost smell the next gen console announcements coming up from Sony and MS. it has to be close.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Reports have already been put out. This is for this gen market. That demo was indeed played out on a PC. It is funny how the people on the internet are thinking the game will be looking like this on the 360 and PS3. Their are fanboys of all makes. Quite a few still think it will look like this on the current gen consoles when they are ignorant to the fact of these kind of demos put out at things like E3 are indeed displayed from a PC.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Oh well. The current generation of gaming consoles were long in the toot for a while now. It's past time they were retired. I now wish they (The console MFG's) would poop or get off the pot, when it comes to announcing their next generation of hardware.

Eh...

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Oh well. The current generation of gaming consoles were long in the toot for a while now. It's past time they were retired. I now wish they (The console MFG's) would poop or get off the pot, when it comes to announcing their next generation of hardware.

Eh...
Well make them stop tooting so long. Simple enough.

Addendum: I would also suggest you quit giving it beans.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This game will come out with the launch of the next gen of consoles next christmas or early 2014. If anyone remembers the launch of the 360 there were games that came out for both the original xbox and the 360 so why would they not just do that with this game.

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found this while searching for news:

"This is interesting simply because Microsoft touted its upcoming SmartGlass feature for the Xbox 360 and Windows 8 which would allow players to use their tablets such as iPads to augment their game playing experience with future games.

Is this an unofficial confirmation that Watch Dogs will enjoy SmartGlass support?"
~strategyinformer.com

I was actually reading about tablet support for the 360 in the last issue of Xbox Magazine. I'm not entirely sure how the action sequences would play out or if I would want to try using Kinect while holding a tablet, but...

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
It looks like they made a game based on the Ghost in the Shell Anime series. Anyone notice the similarities between Aiden Pierce and the Laughing man?

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The new issue of Xbox Magazine has an article on Watch Dogs. It didn't really explain too much more than what most of the trailers have shown, just that the guys at OXM got a hands-on look at the game. The emphasis was on choice regarding how you go about tackling tasks in game. You can go hack-stealth or run in guns blazing.

One interesting addition is how it talked about other NPCs being "aware" of your hacking and how the game will play out online. It seems other people playing the game can "interfere" with your game by setting traps and affecting your ability to hack. Seeing that the game plans to be compatible with pads and mobile devices, it sounds like it will be one of the more exciting launch titles.

Read the full article here.

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Xbox Magazine has an 8-page article outlining topics from already-noted gameplay to a discussion of the Tech Tree. It paints a vivid picture of the "reputation meter", which sounds similar to GTA's Wanted Level or Red Dead's Honor Meter. Apparently it can affect the way people react to you and your actions.

Aiden is described as an anti-hero or vigilante who is able to enlist allies as the story unfolds. Stopping robberies, assaults, and other crimes are just a few of the "side mission" elements of the game.

As a final note, Hollywood is planning a movie based on the game. Who's going to play Aiden Pearce?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts