Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed last week that there is a serious water lead down in the front passenger side footwell area.

My car smelt a little "musty" so I started feeling under the carpets, and when I picked up the carpet on the front passenger side I noticed a ~lot~ of water (it was all beaded thanks to my scotchguard treatment).

At first I thought it was a spilt water bottle - so I dried it out and left the passenger side carpet out of the car so it could dry further. I didn't put the carpet back in - and drove to work the next morning (after it had already dried). By the time I got to work, I noticed MORE WATER!

I tracked the the source incoming water - it was coming out up near were the carpet meets the bottom of the dash, close to the center console. There is a part there that looks like it runs from behind the console/dash through the firewall.

I called SVT - they haven't heard a thing about this - but they think that water from the AC condenser is somehow running through the firewall rather than dripping onto the road. Has anybody here called SVT about this (were they just givnig me a line to get me off the phone)?

So to test SVT's idea - I turned off the AC/defrost and just drove with the vent - and viola - no water. Off to the dealership my car will go to get it fixed.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just noticed this today on my passenger side
. The carpet under the mat is soaked, but the mat is dry. It was raining big time over here today though.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I got one too, but mine is on the rear drivers side footwell. I went to the dealer and they couldnt find anything, and on the second time, they said it was due to my instalation of aftermarket speakers in the door. In the factory location...i think they are full of ..... I am going to check it out tomorrow to see if there is anyway that i could have caused this leak... if not i am going to call ford on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts