Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car into the dealer this morning to have them install my new tires and also fix the typical front passenger area leak that I'd had since my last visit there (during which they installed a new cabin filter, hmmm...) Last evening I spent 3 hours washing and waxing my car. It looked like a mirror when I dropped it off. When I picked it up about 30 minutes ago, it looked like this:

It seems to me that they did the leak tests and then just stuck the wet car out in the hot sun all day without drying it off first. What tha hell? Who should I complain to about this? Are these going to wash out ok or am I going to have to wax (again)?

Thanks for any advice, etc...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I'm being "sensitive". Those water spots can destroy the paint. The problem is that the dealer is a satelite for the main branch (which is about 40 minutes away) and has no body shop (and hence no way to wash cars, so far as I know anyways). I'm thinking I'll just write a letter to the dealer and maybe they'll try to avoid this in the future. In the meantime, any advice on the best way to get rid of the water spots? I'm dreading that I'll have to spend *another* 3 hours washing and waxing...

·
Registered
883 Posts
any advice on the best way to get rid of the water spots
Make sure the car is cool to the touch before washing and wash with a heavy sudsing soap. If you have the Absorber, use that to dry. If not, dry with a towel and press firm against the car when drying. For the extra step: Since you've waxed it recently don't put another coat of wax on. Instead use Eagle Wax-as-you-dry or pick up Meguiars Quick Detailer in the burgundy spray bottle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What did you expect?

Not to be rude but cars are meant to be outside not hidden in a garage every time it looks like rain.

If it did start to rain did you expect them to run outside and park yours in the shop?

I think some of us shouldnt be so up tight and worried. Besides if you are that picky, then would YOU want them to wash it (with an old brush) and dry it off with a chamois that is probaley kept on the floor?
You are most likely better off now with a few spots then to have someone else wash your car.

Sorry to rant on you,
I have had a lousy day with customers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did you expect?
Not to be rude but cars are meant to be outside not hidden in a garage every time it looks like rain.

If it did start to rain did you expect them to run outside and park yours in the shop?
It didn't rain today. They did leak testing and didn't dry the car off before parking it in the blazing hot sun. It's bleeping stupidity. Maybe I'll get a free oil change or something out of it if I play my cards right...

Make sure the car is cool to the touch before washing and wash with a heavy sudsing soap. If you have the Absorber, use that to dry. If not, dry with a towel and press firm against the car when drying. For the extra step: Since you've waxed it recently don't put another coat of wax on. Instead use Eagle Wax-as-you-dry or pick up Meguiars Quick Detailer in the burgundy spray bottle.
Thanks for the tips - I'm off to the auto supply store

·
Registered
149 Posts
It didn't rain today. They did leak testing and didn't dry the car off before parking it in the blazing hot sun. It's bleeping stupidity. Maybe I'll get a free oil change or something out of it if I play my cards right...
It *is* stupidity!
Rain doesn't leave spots like the one's you've got! Those are from tap water, and can be very harmful and can be *extremely* difficult to remove. Dealerships are stupid. You'd think they'd have at least that much sense. Hopefully the spots will be easy to take out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts