Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
waterspots won\'t come off...

Will waxing the car take them off. could somone explain to me how to properly wax a car by hand...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: waterspots won\'t come off...

Great site mr03focus, thanks for the post!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts

Start off with some of that MX-7 and then do the waxing. It should help.

·
Registered
2 Posts

MY GIRLFRIEND JUST PURCHASED A 01 FOCUS THAT LOOKED LIKE IT NEVER SAW A CAR WASH. HERE'S WHAT I DID:
1. WASH CAR
2. USE MOTHER'S CLAY BAR WITH LUBRICANT($15)
-USE ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS(ONE PANEL AT A TIME)
-CLAY BAR MADE THE PAINT SMOOTH AGAIN BECAUSE THE WATER SPOTS WERE SOOO BAD!!
3. USE MEGUIAR'S POLISH (NOT POLISH-WAX. SOME SAY THEY DO BOTH) USE PLENTY OF ELBOW GREASE!!
4. FINALLY, USE MEGUIAR'S GOLD CLASS WAX

THE CAR LOOKS LIKE NEW!!!! THE OLD WATER SPOTS WERE SO BAD THAT RUNNING YOUR HAND ON TOP AND PASS. SIDE OF THE CAR FELT LIKE FINE SAND PAPER-VERY EXTREME CONDITION.
GOOD LUCK WITH HOW EVER YOU HANDLE THE SITUATION!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

AS LONG AS YOUR CAP-LOCK'S NO ON!!!!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts

Be careful where you wash your car too. I can't wash my car at home because I have a well. Before my Foci, I had my brand new truck, washed it, backed it into the garage and dried it. I left it to cool off before waxing it, fell asleep, went out in the morning, was a white calcuim dusty film on paint. Water spots were a pain to remove. Now, I get a roll of quarters, hand wash my car at the quarter car wash and after rinsing it, I spray the car with the car wash's "Spot Free" rinse real good. Then I drive home and wipe it down then wax. That "Spot Free" stuff seems to really work. Havn't a clue whats in it, but it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts