Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to get the wax residue off of the plastic door trimming on the side of the doors and the bottom edge of the car? Also has any body taken the outside door trimming off, what does it look like?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Elbo grease & cleaner-like simple green or grease lightning
as far as taking them off- you probably have small holes behind it, like maybe 4 or 5 for the clips or what ever they are (can't beleive Ford didn't just use the adheasive alone) but other than the holes it's double sided trim adheasive...not fun but possible

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Well I know that several jetters have used a simple pencil eraser to remove the wax residue on the plastic trim pieces.
Unfortunately I can't answer the outside door trim removal question since I haven't removed it but I am sure others that have tried will chime in.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
erasers...also used the kneedin erasers you can also use when 'clayin' the car...when you need it in small confined areas.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
pencil ereaser, toothpaste, and peanut butter all work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.the eraser sounds like the easiest way, but you've got to be kidding about the peanut butter?
Doesn't sound like removing the panels would be all that much of a party. What about color match painting them? Anybody done it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Seriously, just go get one of the BIG pink erasers from walmart that are 23 cents.

I have used it about 10 times and i still have half the eraser.

Just

Wax, use eraser, Wash car again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts