Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We\'d better watch out...(just got to play with Nismo goodies)

Today, My boss and I were out at Streets of Willow at a Nismo event where they were showcasing their newest products (S-tune and R-tune lineups). After introducing us to the cars they had us check out with an instructor and cut us loose. I got to flog a Maxima SE, SE-R, and SE-R S-Tune, a Sentra SE-R Spec V S-tune and R-tune and a stock 350z, Z S-Tune and the almighty Z R-tune. All of the cars were shod with BFG T/A KDs.

While the Zs and Spec Vs were fast as hell, the surprising car was the Altima SE-R S-tune. I was carrying more speed into turn 1 and 2 than I do in my Focus! I also outran the stock Z in it (don't know who was driving it though). There was also a small drift exhibition (I tried to kick the back end out myself, but I was pwn3d by the stock Zs traction control
). Towards the end of the day a lot of people went home or got tired so I had pretty much my choice of cars. at one point it was only an instructor in the R-tune 350Z and me in the R-tune Spec V on track tearing it up (literally). Then to top it off, They gave us some kickass swag!

Oh, and driving on track in 110+ weather sucks donkey balls. I forgot why we all went on summer hiatus...jeebus!

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Re: We\'d better watch out...(just got to play with Nismo goodies)

Call me next time. It would be worth the drive.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

hell i might even get over my fear of flying to come out and play like that...

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts

It's all down to driver. I was passing those two Nismo Zs that came to the streets all day.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts

It's all down to driver. I was passing those two Nismo Zs that came to the streets all day.
Ha Greg you know your loved when everyone beats on you!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The R-Tunes make the Competition-package Zs look slow (that's what the "Base" Z we drove was)

I'm not sure that the ones at streets when you an I were there were R-tunes. They might have had Nismo parts or been the S-tune (the base model felt better than the S-tune. The S felt soft, and incomplete), but I think you'd have you hands full with an R-tune plus a decent driver.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Re: We\'d better watch out...(just got to play with Nismo goodies

So where are the rest of the pics!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I can't let all the magazine pics out!

(That's my code for, "I've been too busy/lazy to resize them for the web and upload them."
)

·
Registered
4,109 Posts

Oh, and driving on track in 110+ weather sucks donkey balls. I forgot why we all went on summer hiatus...jeebus!
http://www.coolshirt.net/
Rich Shafer is a good friend of mine. We've been doing SOLO I nee Time Trials for years.
Wore mine for the lst time couple of weeks ago at Roebling. 96 degrees 89% humidity. I was comfy for 15 lap race.

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts

The R-Tunes make the Competition-package Zs look slow (that's what the "Base" Z we drove was)

I'm not sure that the ones at streets when you an I were there were R-tunes. They might have had Nismo parts or been the S-tune (the base model felt better than the S-tune. The S felt soft, and incomplete), but I think you'd have you hands full with an R-tune plus a decent driver.

Hence my "Driver" remark.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Me driving the S-Tune 350Z

Me driving the R-Tune Sentra SE-R Spec V

Me driving the S-tune Altima SE-R

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts

Did I mention that I hate you, Greg?

For good measure, I hate you.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts

wow boy!!! perks of the job are really starting to show up!!! Very cool!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Lap times?
I wish!

David - Yeah, the 10-12 hr days, and working off the clock all kinda go away when something like this comes up.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

greg........Altima....diff??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts