Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone that has stripped their cars down has a list of what they took out and maybe how much that it weighed...

thanks mike

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
While I can't really give you exact numbers, I am pretty good at guesstimating weight.

Spare tire = ~30lb
Jack = ~5lb
Rear seat = ~60lb
Rear seat belt retractors = ~3lb/ea
Rear speakers = ~2lb/ea
All rear trim (rear seat side trim, hatch trim, carpeting) = ~10lb
Driver diet = 27lb (had to add that one in for fun)

So my car is down ~115lbs from factory. Then you add the additional weight of the JRSC vs stock intake manifold and I'm down ~75lbs from stock.

It's not a whole lot, but when you're dealing with a car as light as ours it really helps. When I go to the track I make sure to run the car down to about a 1/4 tank of gas as well. A gallon of liquid = 8lbs. So that's an easy 80lbs lighter than with a full tank.

You can really reduce weight by opening your wallet, but for now I like just taking stuff off because it's free.

$$$ weight reduction:

CF hood
CF hatch
Lexan windows
Racing seats
Minibattery
Lightweight wheels

That'll shave another 50-75lbs easy... of course you're also talking a few grand.

Nate

·
Registered
36 Posts
i wieghed my car stock on a scale at 2,620lbs. Then i took out my back seats and my passenger seat and had a 1/4 tank and weighed in at 2,480lbs. Hopefully that should help
And by the way, i could tell a difference in speed!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
i wieghed my car stock on a scale at 2,620lbs. Then i took out my back seats and my passenger seat and had a 1/4 tank and weighed in at 2,480lbs. Hopefully that should help
And by the way, i could tell a difference in speed!

yep gotta love changing thet HP/pound ratio!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have done everything above including getting centerline wheels which are only 13 lbs each. Stock rims are really heavy. Removed the sound deadener in the floor, around 25 lbs. Added a rollcage that put back pretty much all the weight I removed. I weighed in at 2460 lbs with just front seats and 1/4 tank of gas so probably under 2400 lbs with less gas and removing passenger seat.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
I have done everything above including getting centerline wheels which are only 13 lbs each. Stock rims are really heavy. Removed the sound deadener in the floor, around 25 lbs. Added a rollcage that put back pretty much all the weight I removed. I weighed in at 2460 lbs with just front seats and 1/4 tank of gas so probably under 2400 lbs with less gas and removing passenger seat.

why the cage?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
That'll shave another 50-75lbs easy... of course you're also talking a few grand.

Nate
Use my philosphy. Do all the freebe weight reductions, and spend money on performance mods.

Of coarse if you just spend a lot on performance mods, a 12 second full interior full weight focus would be cool to own.

I'd just be content with a 13.9 and full interior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts