Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a problem just something weird. Today when i was driving (its was around sunset) i noticed a few times that when i went to shift the gauges would shut off for a second them come back on once it seemed like i finished changing the gears. Has this happened to anybody else? This was the first time its happened and it only happened 2-3 times. I just sort of shrugged it off, but does anybody have any idea of what could have caused it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
So you mean they went all the way dark, or just a real quick flash? I know I noticed mine flicker real fast if I am using alot of juice at once, if I'm not mistaken the SVTF has a really weak alternator, I'd start trouble shooting this problem there and work your way deeper if it continues. Hope my limited knowledge helps in some way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah i have had that problem. Sometimes when im sitting at a light i notice my dash dim sometimes then come back, more offten when the A/C is on. Im getting a "Low alt. input" code when i scan with the Ford NGS scan tool. This happend to a guy at my work and his alternator crapped out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts