Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took my car to the dealership today to get the recall work done and have them check out the engine stall and dive problem, they say its a vacume leak in the cai(i have the full aem cai). Should i sent mine back and get a notherone and would it be free or will i have to buy a new one?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do you see any holes in the tubes? Are your hose clamps tight? Is the MAFS screwed in tight? Check these first before you go blaming the intake.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was a small hole in the tube but i duct tapped it really good but i dont know all the hoses are tight and so is the maf so im not sure what to do right now except put the stock airbox back in

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you think about it. why would a vac leak be happening on your CAI. its supposed to suck air. if you have a hole in it; it just means its getting unfiltered air. so if you take your filter off does that mean there is a vac leak? I just dont understand how that could happen?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
any good sized hole after the maf would cause more air to go in then the computer knows about. maf measures the amount of air going in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts