Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crappy day at work & after 12 hours later finally get to go home. Decided on Chinese take out for dinner. On the way there, ran over, (still can't figure it out what it is) some kind of metal spike?, and blew out my rear right tire. Brand new tires, (Falken ZE 512), just put them on 2 weeks ago today. Too tired & pissed off the take pics and post them. Trust me its not a pretty sight. I don't think it can be repaired, going the have to get a new tire. Arggggh, I hate days like today!!!!!!!!!!

07/25/05
Forgot I had snapped a couple pics after my initial posting. Here is the carnage:

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Re: Well Today & Tonight Really Sucked...

ohh that sucks bro
it will get better dont worry

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts

I hit a road hazard after owning my new Hankook R-S2's for just 2500 miles; right rear tire was ruined.

I don't like having mismatched tires, plus I was told I had to wait two (it took three) days for the replacement tire, so I ordered two.

Now both sides will wear equally (they are SOFT) and I have a spare.

What saved my ace was having purchased the road hazard warranty for my tires; the one tire was replaced at no charge, so all I had to do was buy one to get two.

Sorry 'bout your tire; I think I know how you feel.

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

What saved my ace was having purchased the road hazard warranty for my tires; the one tire was replaced at no charge, so all I had to do was buy one to get two.
Well like the bonehead I am sometimes, I forgot to get the road hazard when I purchased them online. Was so happy about the good deal I was getting on the tires, I totally spaced out & forgot to add that on.
Oh well, I guess today was pay day for a reason. Going to bring the tire to a local shop early tomorrow morning to see if there is a remote chance it can be repaired. If not, they carry Falken's so worst case scenario being that I will be buying a new tire. I only have about 500 miles on the set, so I not too worried about them being mismatched. You live and you learn, the hard way at times I guess.....

·
Almost choked on a Girl Scout ...cookie
16,227 Posts

You live and you learn, the hard way at times I guess.....
Aren't we supposed to outgrow that at some point in our life?

I'm sorry about your tire buddy.

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You live and you learn, the hard way at times I guess.....
Aren't we supposed to outgrow that at some point in our life?

I'm sorry about your tire buddy.
Don't make me come out there Hale!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts

Well, at least they were 2 weeks old instead of 2 years old! Doesn't sound like any damage other than the tire - consider yourself lucky!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts

What a coincidence! I just blew out TWO of my Falken Ziex512s on a damn pothole!

And hey, it could have been worse, you could have bent two perfectly formed wheels as mine did.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

And hey, it could have been worse, you could have bent two perfectly formed wheels as mine did.
What? Something like mine?

What kind or Chinese food did you get anyways? I hope you got some crab rangoon. I love that stuff.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts

Know the feeling. Got the Falken RT-615 less than 1000 miles and they are finished. Most of it is from last weekends Aurt-X event. Had the 17's on the car less than 24 hours and broke a rim at the Nuerburgring. Had to drive to Belgium (4hrs) on a broken rim.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

Sorry for you loss zekester. I'm working from home today, so let me know if you need me to do anything to get you rolling again.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

yeah if you need to borrow a wheel let me know.

i was actually in torrington yesterday. ended up taking some wrong road and going thru downtown twice.

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks Seth & Ray for the offers. Got the tire replaced this morning. Went to a local shop who carries Falken's to see even if it could be repaired, which it could not. Ended up being "2" pieces of brake line from a semi. One about 4" long, the other around 2 1/2" long. Of course the biggest one was too close to the side wall to salvage the tire. Ended up costing me $120.00 for tire, mounting, balancing and the infamous disposal fee. Could have ordered another one online but would not have gotten it until Monday or Tuesday. After the cost of the tire, shipping, mounting & balancing I might have saved maybe $15-$20. Ray, don't know if you still had my cell #, but you should have given me a call yesterday as you were driving through, (a couple of times).

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

yeah mark i thought about calling for lunch, but getting a little lost i was already running late

·
Banned
10,374 Posts

Yup!!! I know the feeling!

In rush-hour traffic in HOT AND HUMID (at the time) Houston on the side of the highway I had to try to pull a broken off motorcycle shiftlever/brakelever out of my SIDEWALL (no spare, and it was hitting the inside fenderwell)!!! Luckily I had a multi-tool on me, but it still took 20 mins of yanking and knuckle bleeding!

Whats even more crazy is that the sidewalls were VERY low profile and very stiff (17" Ecsta Supra MXs) and only 4 days old at the time!!!!!!

But this is the first time something like that happened, so had I bought road-hazzard on all my tires I would have probably more than paid for this one fluke of nature.

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

A couple of pics added to my initial posting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts