Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best was a 15.6 @ 88.78 mph. 60ft time was 2.3 on that one with reaction time of .533. Was still getting wheel spin. Had a lot of runs. First got there and ran a 16.8!! OUCH....but was able to get the launch down and toward the end was in the 15.6-15.9 range the whole time. Had that awesome TX heat and vey high humidity working against me. But, I had a bunch of fun, and cant wait to get back out there again! I think I should be in the low 15s with practice, and not 100 degree heat, and that high humdity. NO excuses though, I need practice and some better reaction times (and a limited slip with drag radials
). I know these arent great times, but I am happy as I was shooting for a 15.7. Imagine my dismay when I ran that 16.8, I thought there would be no way to drop a whole second off. Boy was I wrong!

·
Registered
267 Posts
IMO that's pretty awesome..I'm no expert on the 1/4 runs, but a 15.6 is really good. Did you run your car w/ the mods listed in your signature or was there more mods added? Just curious cause I ran a 16.4 with AEM CAI and exhaust. Now i've got a TB,Race header and flex..hopefully that will get me around 15.8-16.0. Congrats on your times man

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I ran with the CAI, and all the other mods listed (besides the short ram for obvious reasons). I had regular 16 inch focus wheels up front with sumitomo htrzII z rated tires (w) at 25 psi, actually tried a bunch of different pressures, but got my best with 25. In the rear I had my stock 17s svt wheels at 35 psi with potenza re750 also z rated in the w category. Thanks for the compliment...it is appreciated. I really need to work on my reaction time, and 60 foot times, then I think I will easily be in the low 15s. Hopefully with the JRSC I will be well into the 14s. Also, when I get the quaife, flywheel, and drag radials...here I come 13s! Heck I may even throw in some race fuel to try and get there. There was this new caviler there. When he rolled up we all had a good chuckle. Then he ran a 13.9! No more laughing, supposedly he had a huge bottle in there, which doesnt mean much, but I bet he was spraying a whole lot to get into the 13s. He had street tires too!! I am guessing you have a regular zx3, if so I am impressed with your times as well. With your cat being gone that will free up a lot of power, and that compliments your intake and exhaust and flex, so I bet you wont have any problems getting into the 15s. I found out its all in the launch. Every time I launched I good guess what I was going to get. Just in case you didnt know, I have the svt. Thats why I am in the 15s, with all that stuff. I still think its all in the cat being gone. Another one of my buddies went with his sonic blue svt, and he has just aem cai and orp...he ran a better time then me, I think a 15.5, so I think its in the orp. He got a better time because honestly he is a better driver than me at this point on the drag strip (bet i could take him in the twisties!!...hey i gotta win somewhere
) Although I did beat him when he ran a 27.0!!! His shifter cable came off on the 1st to second shift....luckily he had me there and I knew how to fix it after some digging around in his engine bay
. It was just lucky that I saw the cable had came off that connects to the shifter thing to the right of the intake mani under the hood...hard to explain because I dont know what that thing is called. But, thanks again and good luck on getting into to 15s!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I also have a AFX pulley dude! I think that was what gave me my edge on you. I just say we need some launching pratice and some radials and were in 14's. Feathering the clutch slowed us down bad. Did u see my friends GSR?! He was dumping the clutch at 5k rpms with azenis and his lsd and would catch perfect.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I wish I would have been able to afford those radials before we went to the track. That would of been sweet! Oh well, yeah now I will use your pulley as my excuse...
. Any way we need to get back out there and rip it up again. Some one posted they ran a 14.6 with a few mods....WHATS UP WITH THAT!!! we suck

·
Registered
397 Posts
14.6!
Thats where we should be. It was the tires dude. I know if I could dump my clutch I could have hit a 14.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LSD, FLYWHEEL, DRAG RADIALS, JRSC, (then if I still dont get a high 13 ill even spray a little
) By next summer I hope to have all this stuff listed above...
Hope they are gonna let me work a lot of hours at my new job.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm going to tom next summer dude! Hoping I can have the money to get it turbo by then. Thats going to be fun! Watching me go down the 1320 killing turbo hondas!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you get that then Ill have to go every thursday with you guys next summer, ill set up the races, and make bets...i get half
Also, after the jrsc ill have to run like 150 shot to bet ya!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts