Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We\'re getting XM?

Sorry if this should be in ICE but I thought it had a more broad appeal...

From Today's "Inside Radio" (http://www.insideradio.com but its subscriber so...)
BARRON'S REPORTS THE "PERSISTANT RUMOR" THAT FORD MIGHT DEFECT FROM SIRIUS TO XM

"That would be a big blow to Sirius," says Barron's. Ford had no comment on the speculation. XM didn't, either - but siad "if Ford were interested in offering XM Radios, we would be interested in talking to them." Both Barron's and today's New York Times do big stories about satellite radio - mostly focusing on XM and its lead over Sirius.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm personally glad Ford may be seeing the light! I love my XM in my Focus!!!!!!!

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Re: We\'re getting XM?

I think it's just rumor, but I have already heard about Sirius's decline. I know one of the things I thought they may have done wrong, was buying some satellites outright, as opposed to piggybacking on some communications sats(Like XM is doing). Granted if they are used comsats, I bet they came up for sale for a reason(Obsolete?), and were probably still very expensive.

But, I ain't one to gossip, so you ain't heard dat from me!

Al

[ 04-21-2003, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: EastAl ]

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: We\'re getting XM?

Actually... XM has their own birds at their own exclusive use... "Rock" and "Roll" as do Sirius. The difference is that the two XM Birds are in geosyncronous orbit, stationary over the east and west coast covering the country at all times.... Sirius has 3 but only 2 over north america at any given time.

According to Sandmann (my satellite expert) they utilize too much bandwidth to share birds.

IMHO... Siris' decline would be that they were late into the marketing game. XM was on scene about a year before launch... in print, on radio, in movie theaters, getting their name out there. Sirius has some great partnerships, but until recently they had NO commercial advertising other than word of mouth and displays in the stores.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts