Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We\'re sponsoring a Champ car!

Cool! I post pics once they get 'em up.

CDW is revving up its first-ever race car sponsorship this weekend in Toronto! The #9 Ford-Cosworth/Lola Champ Car of British driver, Justin Wilson, will proudly carry the red and white CDW logo at both the Toronto and Edmonton stops of the Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford. Look for our car in the 20th anniversary running of the Molson Indy Toronto, which will be televised live on CBS in the United States and on the Global network in Canada at 1:00 p.m. Eastern/12 p.m. Central on Sunday, July 10.

This sponsorship is limited to the Toronto and Edmonton races…we received an unbeatable opportunity (the cost was next to nothing) to experiment with a race car sponsorship for these two events, so we took it. The visibility of these premiere events made for a perfect match to build brand exposure for CDW’s products and services in Canada. It is unclear if we will move forward with additional race car sponsorships in the future, either in Canada or the United States.

For this sponsorship, CDW is partnering with the RuSPORT racing team, which is entering its second season of competition with a two-car team in the Champ Car World Series. Drivers A.J. Allmendinger, Reigning Roshfrans Rookie of the Year, and Justin Wilson (CDW's driver) currently rank 3rd and 4th in the Drivers Championship, respectively. Justin is also a former Formula One driver for Jaguar. RuSPORT has already collected two podiums and 9 top-ten finishes for the 2005 season.

Check Coworkernet for a photo of the CDW car, and please join me in wishing Justin and the RuSPORT team luck in these exciting events!
I hope they extend the sponsorship long enough to recruit a driver from within.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: We\'re sponsoring a Champ car!

(the cost was next to nothing)
Sounds like typical CCWS sponsorship deal. The Three Amigos must have needed some new PCs and struck a deal.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Re: We\'re sponsoring a Champ car!

Ya, atleast your sponsoring a driver that could win any given race

1 - 8 of 8 Posts