Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a search but only found stuff for Nitrous/Turbo/etc etc.

Im headed to put my 9mm wires on this morning and figure ill replace the stock spark plugs with better ones.

Thnx for your help

·
Registered
950 Posts
MotorCraft AZFS32FE, x2 plats

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think it's actually AZFS32DP, I believe. The fe stands for iron and the dp stands for double platinum. And you have to get them at a dealership.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
iron??? lol...no, their FEs, has nothing to do w/symbols, its a code. F's are single plats, FEs double...dealership only, 10bux/pc

the copper 1s that n2o guys run are 22Cs (1 range colder than the 32s)

-Ult

·
Registered
950 Posts
Got mine at the dealership for $7.50 a piece, but that was 2 yrs ago. Still look good everytime I pull them. Only had to buy two because the factory supplied the other two.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i went to pep boys and autozone today and they gave me some 5 dollar apiece autolite dp's. They probably blow goats, but whatever, ill try them and then hit up the dealership sometime soon.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The AutoLites are ok, alot of people run and like them. You have to be careful when installing them. DO NOT crank them down or the insulator will break. A little high temp antiseize on threads will make them easier to get out in the future.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Motorcraft OEM plugs. Period. I have tried 3 different aftermarket plugs, and nothing runs as good as the OEM.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pep boys told me my 2003 already has those in the car, and i shouldnt need new ones yet. They said they come stock. *shrug*

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Pep boys told me my 2003 already has those in the car, and i shouldnt need new ones yet. They said they come stock. *shrug*
Which is correct and the car should not need sparkplugs replaced until 100,000 miles. But there are alot of people who have changed theirs out for something else.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Are the Iridiums just hype then or do they actually help? I was thinking of trying a set of Denso's...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I used to think something else, but after being on here & then putting them in, Ford Motorcraft Platnum's all the way ...got mine at Autozone though ...can't believe the difference in idle & response.

·
Registered
156 Posts
100,000? I checked mine at 25k and the original equipment was rusted and cruddy - changed to Autolite dp's.

Tio Barry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts